GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 stage 2 kill stories, lets hear them!

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
A Honda Civic lx was next to me at a red light yesterday and as soon as the opposing side traffic light turned yellow I heard his motor revving and he tried stepping on it as soon as the light turned green and was looking at me lol I let him pass my fender and just let it rip in 2nd and laid a dsg fart in his face hahaha

Eurodyne stage 2 tune|Autotech dogbone insert|FK street lines coilovers|Rev D dv|Manzo eBay Dp|custom 3" catback|P-flo intake|R8 coils

BjxGTI

Ready to race!
I like how these are more of CSB's or just messing with douchers... I'm just sitting here like "I wish my car was fast" [emoji23]

Lol same here, maybe I'm just a bad driver [emoji23]

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
I pulled on a mustang ecoboost w/ a Cobb stage 1 tune [emoji57] pretty quick car with the tune, the car was by the rear doors/hatch area the whole time

Eurodyne stage 2 tune|Autotech dogbone insert|FK street lines coilovers|Rev D dv|Manzo eBay Dp|custom 3" catback|P-flo intake|R8 coils

mexicanwaldo

Go Kart Champion
Stock SI was driving like a dick. Came up next to him, both nodded, light turned green, gave him a good 4 car length head start then launched and beat him to the next light by 3 car lengths lol

He pulls up next to me "fuck man that thing is fast! You got a turbo?" Lol nice guy

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Stock SI was driving like a dick. Came up next to him, both nodded, light turned green, gave him a good 4 car length head start then launched and beat him to the next light by 3 car lengths lol

He pulls up next to me "fuck man that thing is fast! You got a turbo?" Lol nice guy

How crazy, I did the same exact thing last night only that the guy did the famous turn left right away move lol

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
I pulled on a mustang ecoboost w/ a Cobb stage 1 tune [emoji57] pretty quick car with the tune, the car was by the rear doors/hatch area the whole time

Good thing there weren't any crowds around. That could have turned ugly really quick. :lol:

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
A few races from this week. In car view is from stage 2 mk6R

https://youtu.be/SraqRU2J6ks

Thanks for video I guess. I always say, video or it didn't happen. I hate listening to bs kill stories that people make up with no vids to prove it.

Listening to some of the stories are just so fake sounding it blows my mind. Unless some of those drivers didn't know how to drive, I can't imagine beating a lot of the cars mentioned in the thread. You have to break down the numbers. A lot of cars mentioned in the thread will run less than a 13.7 1/4 mile, and Stage2 will barely get you there. Now if any cars mentioned aren't even stock, forget about it. The only real story I might believe is vs an SI because that's more our level, lol.

CiHKAL1

Ready to race!
Thanks for video I guess. I always say, video or it didn't happen. I hate listening to bs kill stories that people make up with no vids to prove it.

Listening to some of the stories are just so fake sounding it blows my mind. Unless some of those drivers didn't know how to drive, I can't imagine beating a lot of the cars mentioned in the thread. You have to break down the numbers. A lot of cars mentioned in the thread will run less than a 13.7 1/4 mile, and Stage2 will barely get you there. Now if any cars mentioned aren't even stock, forget about it. The only real story I might believe is vs an SI because that's more our level, lol.
Yeah, I'd say you're right about the limitations of stage 2. I ran consistent 13.7's trapping 103.5 and around there with FBOs. The large APR intercooler really helped with consistency on the small IHI stock turbo.

Beyond the limitations of a Stage 2 car running well with 93oct there are a lot of shitty drivers out there. That coupled with GTIs having the option for a dual clutch you basically have video game real-life racing.

So the stories are probably more true than you'd think.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

anticon

Ready to race!
Also, the ET's and other numbers you see in magazines are likely the work of professional-ish drivers and performed under optimal conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

visceralsoup

Ready to race!

My car runs consistent mid 12s in the 1/4. Check my videos.

Edit: not sure if that was directed at me or if you were just conversing with me lol. I have an R so its way different but its stage 2 mk6 nonetheless

Jlove8128

Ready to race!

The majority of kill stories I read on here are not from a dig. As we all know our cars are a different beast rolling at 30/40/50 etc. You can qoute 1/4 mile times all day but it has no relevance unless racing from a dig. I don't live my life a quarter mile at a time.:D