GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKVI Vs EVO

Chainspike

Ready to race!
Was heading home from work when i came across this blue evo. The car was so dirty could barely make out the badge. It was the lastest body style one. Anyways I decided to see if he would play. Knowing it would only lead to my down fall but was curious to see how it could hold up. I've only had my car for 2 months so was excited to finally run across something that would go. He jetted in front of me by 1 car and stopped. I couldn't resist the bait and took off. We went from about 60 MPH to 100 MPH before was to much traffic and I wasn't about to weave like a crazy man at 100+ on NJ highways. I got my ass whooped but my Mkvi didn't do nearly as bad as I thought. I thought it was going to be really ugly but he got about 2 cars maybe 2 1/2 on me maybe. From what could tell he was stock and I am also. Not the 6 car lengths I thought for sure I'd be at. Anyways I tried to catch up and give him a thumbs up but he continued and began weaving like a mad man even after I had long since let off. Even if i lost, I was still happy to finally get someone to go in this state :D

Matt-mk6

Ready to race!
Haha nice, btw sometimes its the driver behind the wheel, gotta know your gears, I beat a 911 turbo 2 months ago lol had a perfect launch, got him by 2 car lengths, and those new evos are so slow lol

gkallis

Ready to race!
i wonder how a stage 2 gti would do with a stock evo on a roll

omes4life1

Ready to race!
i wonder how a stage 2 gti would do with a stock evo on a roll

I think a Stage 2 GTI would be able to pull on a stock evo (not by much). Mainly because of the evo's heavy drivetrain loss (25%) not like our FWD's which lose 12%
AWD=shit from a roll, mainly because you deprive it from its secret weapon of launching super quick
Stage 2 GTI roughly 275~280bhp which is 244whp
The stock evo is about 305bhp which is ~roughly about 230whp
*if i might be mistaken please correct me but im pretty sure these are the right numbers*

*FLAMESUIT ACTIVATED*

EvoX1

Ready to race!
I think a Stage 2 GTI would be able to pull on a stock evo (not by much). Mainly because of the evo's heavy drivetrain loss (25%) not like our FWD's which lose 12%
AWD=shit from a roll, mainly because you deprive it from its secret weapon of launching super quick
Stage 2 GTI roughly 275~280bhp which is 244whp
The stock evo is about 305bhp which is ~roughly about 230whp
*if i might be mistaken please correct me but im pretty sure these are the right numbers*

*FLAMESUIT ACTIVATED*

stock evo x dyno 250-260 awhp (under rated) on a dynojet weighing in at 3500-3600 lbs, they trap anywhere from 100-103 mph in stock form.

Ronkerjake

Ready to race!
Anyways I tried to catch up and give him a thumbs up but he continued and began weaving like a mad man even after I had long since let off.

sounds like the majority of jdm dumbasses in my area

My buddies stock evo X put down 186whp base pull. I'll see if i can upload the pic. Shop managed to tune it to 290whp on stock motor and turbo, no bolt ons Talk about under rated.

EvoX1

Ready to race!
My buddies stock evo X put down 186whp base pull. I'll see if i can upload the pic. Shop managed to tune it to 290whp on stock motor and turbo, no bolt ons Talk about under rated.

Thats a very low reading dyno, notice i said "dynojet" before. Your buddy was on a low reading dynodynamics or mustang dyno.

290 awhp on that dyno is equivalent to around 370 - 380 awhp on a dynojet

Vermilion

Ready to race!
I'd say you won because Mitsubishi as a car company is garbage. They hate their customers and will do anything to avoid warranties.

KurtP1

Go Kart Champion
Haha nice, btw sometimes its the driver behind the wheel, gotta know your gears, I beat a 911 turbo 2 months ago lol had a perfect launch, got him by 2 car lengths, and those new evos are so slow lol
:laughabove::laughabove::laughabove:

gkallis

Ready to race!
I'd say you won because Mitsubishi as a car company is garbage. They hate their customers and will do anything to avoid warranties.

thats prob because you get all theses tees tuning the car without knowing shit and then expecting them to warranty them lol

Dirt Nasty

Go Kart Champion

:laughabove::laughabove::laughabove: Dude You couldnt beat a 911 Turbo I just LOL'D What Dream world were you in? as for Evo's Being slow Not Really but whatever you say.

Last edited:

EvoX1

Ready to race!

I know a bunch of guys with the slow new evos in your area. If you want to race one, let me know, and i can try to arrange it.

But, you have to video tape it to show everyone here how much faster mk6 gti are than evo x

If there are any bolt on mk6 in my area im down to do a roll, great little car imo.

Dirt Nasty

Go Kart Champion
I know a bunch of guys with the slow new evos in your area. If you want to race one, let me know, and i can try to arrange it.

But, you have to video tape it to show everyone here how much faster mk6 gti are than evo x

If there are any bolt on mk6 in my area im down to do a roll, great little car imo.

The majority of GTI owners know where their cars stand...I don't know what this guy was smoking. Please excuse him. :thumbsup: