GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MKVII climatoric contol unit

whitebeastMKV

Ready to race!
i'm looking at upgrading my MKVI climatoric unit (looks only purpose, cause it looks way cooler then stock)

i've found some units on ebay, used (pretty good price) but they don't seem to include the trim panel taht goes around it; and since the "old" one cannot be used, is there a place i can source one??

does anybody know the part # for that trim panel??

here's waht the MKVII climatoric control unit looks like:

and here's what that trim panel that i NEED looks like:

and this is what FINAL PRODUCT would look like:

Last edited:

dAT_Sloth

Ready to race!
this is dope! do you have to do any custom wiring?

ferrariF601

Ready to race!
i just got myself one of these mk7 climatoric unit off e-bay but now i need the trim panel that goes around it.

does anybody know a place where i can get one for CHEAP?
aliexpress wants something like $85 bucks for a piece of plastic....really?? common, there's gotta be a place to get one for cheaper

thx

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
i just got myself one of these mk7 climatoric unit off e-bay but now i need the trim panel that goes around it.

does anybody know a place where i can get one for CHEAP?
aliexpress wants something like $85 bucks for a piece of plastic....really?? common, there's gotta be a place to get one for cheaper

thx

sorry off the topic more info? What works and dont? any pictures?

ferrariF601

Ready to race!
sorry off the topic more info? What works and dont? any pictures?

don't knwo exactly what you mean....did yo see the pictures the OP posted??
well i got myself the same panel that come on MK7 gti's as well as passats from 2012 onwards from ebay....it works and is WAY better and looks much better then teh crappy one's our gti's come with..

BUT i need a place to buy the trim panel that goes around it to finish the job....but i'm hoping there is a place to get it cheaper

oh, and here's a link of how this got started on anther forum:

http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?17399-MK7-Climatronic...anyone-fitted-it-to-a-Mk6

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
don't knwo exactly what you mean....did yo see the pictures the OP posted??
well i got myself the same panel that come on MK7 gti's as well as passats from 2012 onwards from ebay....it works and is WAY better and looks much better then teh crappy one's our gti's come with..

BUT i need a place to buy the trim panel that goes around it to finish the job....but i'm hoping there is a place to get it cheaper

oh, and here's a link of how this got started on anther forum:

http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?17399-MK7-Climatronic...anyone-fitted-it-to-a-Mk6

thats what I'm asking, what system did your car comes with stock? Just want to know if it works on full manual HVAC

Edited: Nvm, I see you have 2010, so i guess you have to have the climatoric...

ferrariF601

Ready to race!
this is the one i had in my 2010 gti originally