GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Moisture on windows when I roll them up.. anyone else?

boost pls

Passed Driver's Ed
So I have noticed this issue where whenever I put a window down and then roll it back up, there will be smears of moisture all over the outside of the window. It does it on both front windows, don't often put the back ones down so I don't know if it affects those.

What this suggests is that the seal/pad that runs against the outside of the window is retaining some moisture in it and deposits it on the window as it slides past.

What I am concerned about is the possibility of there being excess moisture on the inside of the door.

Anyone else experiencing this? Has not happened in several days as the cold weather has kept the moisture low and/or frozen.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
So I have noticed this issue where whenever I put a window down and then roll it back up, there will be smears of moisture all over the outside of the window. It does it on both front windows, don't often put the back ones down so I don't know if it affects those.

What this suggests is that the seal/pad that runs against the outside of the window is retaining some moisture in it and deposits it on the window as it slides past.

What I am concerned about is the possibility of there being excess moisture on the inside of the door.

Anyone else experiencing this? Has not happened in several days as the cold weather has kept the moisture low and/or frozen.

It will happen if it recently rained or you recently washed the car. Eventually, it does dry out.

I simply try to not roll my windows down for the first several hours after washing my car, or I carry a glass towel with me.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
Id like to know what vehicle this doesn't happen to? Everyone I've owned and driven does this - and I've owned and driven countless vehicles.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
Id like to know what vehicle this doesn't happen to? Everyone I've owned and driven does this - and I've owned and driven countless vehicles.

Vehicles with cheap window seals.

The felt window seals on modern cars tend to retain water.

I know my 2006 Scion didn't do this, but that car was built to a lower NVH standard.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I don't roll down my windows for an entire day after washing, lol. If you take a couple highway drives it helps to air them out but otherwise it's a window and it has window molding so it will streak.