GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Motor Trend COTY 2012 Passat

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
] was like WTF? Hope it's not a repost...

Read the article HERE

Last edited:

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
They seem to be selling like hot cakes, I'm seeing them everywhere now. Looks like VW is cracking the code for US buyers.

mayham85

Passed Driver's Ed
passat is the most selling car in its class in europe for many years. why not us? for examlpe in turkey nearest rival needs to double its sales to reach passat sales :D

my brother has a brand new 2011 europe passat 1.4 tsi comfortline. it has very good build quality, comfort and driving experience and it is a reliable car. ( i can say it because we had 2008 passat before :) in 52000 km only three times oil changes were done. no bad issues happened. )

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
passat is the most selling car in its class in europe for many years. why not us? for examlpe in turkey nearest rival needs to double its sales to reach passat sales :D

The Passat has never been able to think about being a best seller in the US before as it was over-priced in its class. Our new Passat is not the same Euro model that you're familiar with but a diluted upsized version made in the US for US customers.

I believe the new model is priced roughly 8k USD less than the previous Passat.

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
Passat also came in 1st in 3 different comparisons against the Sonata and Camry

entry model:
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests...e_and_2012_volkswagen_passat_se_family_court/

Efficient model:
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests...volkswagen_passat_tdi_comparison/viewall.html

Top model:
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests...vs_2012_volkswagen_passat_vr6_sel_comparison/

It's interesting that in other forums everyone seems to bring up quality issues with the VW's, but as of lately quality has been pretty good.

My wife has a 2010 CC and trading it in for a TDI Passat has crossed my mind often. Comparing the Passat to the CC at the LA autoshow I just went to and the CC is a much nicer interior to be in. However the Passat is still pretty nice inside, the back seat is very big, and the range on that TDI is very nice. Sitting in the CC feels kinda special even deep inside you know it's a euro Passat underneath, but the new Passat feels like an everyday midsize sedan from the switches to the interior touches which is exactly what it is to be comeptitive against other everyday midsize sedans...

off topic but Hyundai actually had an exclusive owners vip lounge at the autoshow serving appetizers and drinks (I think we even some some owners walking around with beers) where as neither BMW, Audi, or Mercedes had their lounges open for owners...

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
why WTF? Great car for the money. And great build quality.

Passat also came in 1st in 3 different comparisons against the Sonata and Camry

jb, I said WTF based on what I remember of the old Passat, and what I assumed might be a de-contenting of the newer Passat along the lines of the non-GLI new Jetta. Might be I'm completely off base, and just now finding out about it. But, as I am a 'fan' of VW, it's good news!

jbcritch

Go Kart Champion
jb, I said WTF based on what I remember of the old Passat, and what I assumed might be a de-contenting of the newer Passat along the lines of the non-GLI new Jetta. Might be I'm completely off base, and just now finding out about it. But, as I am a 'fan' of VW, it's good news!

The new Passatt is completely new and made for the USA only. China also gets the new Passatt but from their own factory. The rest of the world gets a completely different car which is called the Passatt but not the one that won the award.

ChiGuyGolf2.5

Ready to race!
My sister paid cash for her 2010 2.0T Passat. Got it for 22.5K. Overall a GREAT car IMO. Fast, flashy interior, and nice ride.

xola3que

euroturd
Three words:
DULL DULL DULL.

What a fail attempt to emulating some Audi design on the rear...and what has this world come to? We're the only people driving the same VW cars as those communist Chinese. WTF!

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Three words:
DULL DULL DULL.

What a fail attempt to emulating some Audi design on the rear...and what has this world come to? We're the only people driving the same VW cars as those communist Chinese. WTF!

What? :laugh: