GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My custom amp & sub install

Jimd0313

Ready to race!
Just finished up with my sub and amp setup. I built a custom box in place of the foam piece on the left side of the trunk area and mounted an 8" Kenwood shallow mount in it. Powered by an Alpine Amp. I think it turned out pretty well, and sounds great. Let me know what you think :w00t: And sorry about the cell phone quality pics

FasDarken

Ready to race!
pics of the box?

Jimd0313

Ready to race!
I don't have any at the moment, I'll try and get some this weekend. Pretty much the same shape as the foam piece that came out.

SethProSTX

Ready to race!
niceeeee yea they make a great product. i do some work at an audio shop an i was thinking about something like this for my TDI. my problem is i have a 8" JL-w7 lol just a little to deep of a magnet :(

gunmetal5

Ready to race!
I love the sub idea, but I feel that your amp is exposed if you put anything in your trunk. Maybe mount it on the left side seat? overall looks very clean

Jimd0313

Ready to race!
Good job! That looks very clean. Do you not ever use your hatch?

I do use the trunk area at times, mostly in the cargo net, so it shouldn't be much of an issue.

I love the sub idea, but I feel that your amp is exposed if you put anything in your trunk. Maybe mount it on the left side seat? overall looks very clean

Thanks. I really wanted to mount the amp under the floor, but it's too big. Plus, I felt mounting it on the opposite side of the trunk made things look a little more symmetrical.