GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Custom Grille Emblem Thread (Pic heavy)

IceNine

Matt,
What's the lead time on a standard emblem? Interested in getting one, not decided which one specifically.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Have you made a handlebar mustache one yet?

WIGGLES84

Ready to race!
Matt,
What's the lead time on a standard emblem? Interested in getting one, not decided which one specifically.

Not sure who Matt is???

But currently the lead time is ..... forever! project still on hold as I work on my machine.

The guy who taking forever,
Andrew

Ganiman

Ready to race!
I do not mean to hijack your thread, but is what you are doing any different than using a site like: http://www.sculpteo.com/ ?

Looks like you can upload a 3d file and they will print and ship. You can even open up a store there or on a site like it. Wiggles, why not take your designs and put them up on a store like that?

WIGGLES84

Ready to race!
I do not mean to hijack your thread, but is what you are doing any different than using a site like: http://www.sculpteo.com/ ?

Looks like you can upload a 3d file and they will print and ship. You can even open up a store there or on a site like it. Wiggles, why not take your designs and put them up on a store like that?

Price would be the first issue. For a 5.91" colored figure it's $531!

http://www.sculpteo.com/en/materials/colored_plastic/

The ring portion of the emblems is ~5.250" in diameter and ~.875" thick. The emblem is ~.5" thick and fits in side of a 4.25 diameter.

Also not sure how durable PA2200 is?

$$$$$$$

Andrew

P.S.

A 3d printer is on my list of toys to own. Might be next after the mill.... or maybe a lathe?

IceNine

For some reason I had it in my head that your name was Matt. My bad. And come on, stop procrastinating. We want to pay you $$$ for your work.

Ganiman

Ready to race!
Price would be the first issue. For a 5.91" colored figure it's $531!

http://www.sculpteo.com/en/materials/colored_plastic/

The ring portion of the emblems is ~5.250" in diameter and ~.875" thick. The emblem is ~.5" thick and fits in side of a 4.25 diameter.

Also not sure how durable PA2200 is?

$$$$$$$

Andrew

P.S.

A 3d printer is on my list of toys to own. Might be next after the mill.... or maybe a lathe?

I don't think your pricing estimates are accurate. From tinkering with their tools on their site for objects in some of the shops there, I believe it will come out similar to what you are already charging, possibly less. It might be worth just uploading a file and checking it out. Would save you some hassle, while giving you a store front for people to just check out an item whenever they want. Profit for you for uploading a file.. seems worth a shot.

WIGGLES84

Ready to race!
For some reason I had it in my head that your name was Matt. My bad. And come on, stop procrastinating. We want to pay you $$$ for your work.

To being 100% honest, I've been putting about 50% of my "spear time" into OT at work, ~35% into making digital gear indicator kits for legends race cars, and ~15% into the machine conversion.

The race car thing started out as just a replacement for my dad's car, but found I could make money on them too. And they are WAY less cosmetic then the emblem project. So easier to get sell-able parts.

Andrew

WIGGLES84

Ready to race!
I don't think your pricing estimates are accurate. From tinkering with their tools on their site for objects in some of the shops there, I believe it will come out similar to what you are already charging, possibly less. It might be worth just uploading a file and checking it out. Would save you some hassle, while giving you a store front for people to just check out an item whenever they want. Profit for you for uploading a file.. seems worth a shot.

I grabbed the price directly form the link I posted.

Also, I don't have any 3D files of my emblem designs. Really haven't had the need yet.

Next issue (in my mind) would be the layer thickness. Any angled or radius-ed surface would have a .1mm (~.004") step over. may not sound like much, but it will not look like an injection molded part such as an OEM one.

May end up looking like it was made out of Lego's :lol::lol::lol:

Andrew

codoyo

Have you made a handlebar mustache one yet?

I would love to have this! how do i get on the waiting list and find out prices?:wosschilder980:

brad2bob

Can you make one for a MK5 or is it just for the MK6? Cause I'd love to have a black star wars empire symbol with red accents.

jmul54

Ready to race!
Is this still on hold, and does anyone have the vw sprocket on there car they can post a pic of?

Nollie1982

Custom VW Emblem

Hi

I was wondering if you can quote me on making me a set of Emblems, My company logo is a Radio Active Sign. I will paint and polish what I want just need the parts for my caddy Van

Thanks

Nelson Oliviera
quintuseng@lantic.net
DNA Custom Paints

logixal1

Banned
Is this thread still alive??