GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My GTI fail Inspection!!!

Antonio Monteiro

Ready to race!
Hi guys does having the APR stage-1 Carbonio Intake & Billy Boat Down Pipe cause you to fail inspection? As of right now I'm driving with (R) on my Windshield until I fix the problem than re-do another inspection your taught please. Thanks

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
What does the report say it failed on?

Antonio Monteiro

Ready to race!
The report read as follow...
Emission Result- fail
On Board Diagnostic (OBD) Test Results/ OBD Readiness Monitor Result- Fail
Catalyst Monitor- Not Ready
O2 Sensor Monitor- Not Ready

michal

Go Kart Champion
Hi guys does having the APR stage-1 Carbonio Intake & Billy Boat Down Pipe cause you to fail inspection? As of right now I'm driving with (R) on my Windshield until I fix the problem than re-do another inspection your taught please. Thanks
You have stage 1 software with a testpipe file to prevent CEL, right?
This software disables the O2 sensor monitor and the other one (Catalyst monitor) that your failed on are dependent on it to be running.
So, everything depends on your state requirements (how many monitors can be not ready) to pass the emission test. In addition some states allow 2 monitors to be not ready but the catalyst monitor can not be one of them.

fatty@golfmk6.com

Go Kart Champion
The report read as follow...
Emission Result- fail
On Board Diagnostic (OBD) Test Results/ OBD Readiness Monitor Result- Fail
Catalyst Monitor- Not Ready
O2 Sensor Monitor- Not Ready

you should contact the manufacturers of the intake and dp. they will have the info on their products and how it affects emissions.

i usually get my inspections done at GNS auto near my place. my previous car got it's side mirror hit the day before i was trading it to the dealer. it was pretty much busted but they glued everything together and hid some of the issues. I brought the car to the dealer and they didn't notice :thumbsup: maybe these guys can pass you even if you have emission issues
http://maps.google.com/maps?um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=4455+Washington+Street,+Boston,+MA+02131-3408&fb=1&gl=us&hnear=0x89e3652d0d3d311b:0x787cbf240162e8a0,Boston,+MA&cid=0,0,10600341651056182046&ei=cLT-Tf2vGu_q0QHjqOzZAw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBcQnwIwAA

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
You have stage 1 software with a testpipe file to prevent CEL, right?
This software disables the O2 sensor monitor and the other one (Catalyst monitor) that your failed on are dependent on it to be running.
So, everything depends on your state requirements (how many monitors can be not ready) to pass the emission test. In addition some states allow 2 monitors to be not ready but the catalyst monitor can not be one of them.

Yeah, if you have the test pipe file, you're most likely out of luck. I see 2 options:

1. Get a 42DD O2 spacer and reflash w/out test pipe file.
2. Put stock pipe back on and reflash w/out test pipe file.

If you did the install yourself, option 2 is going to be the least expensive route.

Good luck.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Also make sure to put 75-100 miles on the car before going back. You'll want to give the car time to complete all tests.

I made the mistake of flashing my old Mazdaspeed3 back to the COBB stock map right before I went to get inspected and got a few 'Not Ready' errors. Drove around a few days and went back and passed with no issues.

Antonio Monteiro

Ready to race!
I already spoke to Marc @ Marc's Foreign Cars in Wakefield I'll stop by Saturday for him to scan my onboard computer get the sticker than re-flash my ECU for any update! I'll update you guys on this issue right after...

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Good luck.

20CSGMKVI10

Passed Driver's Ed
any updates on how it went?

BEysler

Ready to race!
just buy some spark plug non fouler, and dremel them to fit, space the Cat Sensor out further away from the pipe, eventually (usually 2 or 3 foulers) its far enough away that it doesn't read outside of the normal specifications, and the CEL goes away.

Antonio Monteiro

Ready to race!
The fact I just start a new job 6 weeks ago I can't have a day off right now, and the guy that install my down pipe only work week days... Now I'm only free on weekends so I stuck right now. So my next option is to go back to my factory down pipe since I'm not planing to change my factory exhaust there is no need to keep the BIlly Boat down pipe with this issue that keeps driving me crazy.

Antonio Monteiro

Ready to race!
Hello, folks just want to let everyone know finally took BB down pipe 2 weeks ago, put my factory back on and a week later I had a smile & relieve that i got my Inspection sticker... I like how my Car is quiet now.