GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Mod Thread

jbcritch

Go Kart Champion
You titled your thread "My build thread:" which would indicate that it should be in the Member Car Journals sub-forum.
And if this is indeed a build thread by any means whatsoever, then I'm sure we'd all assume it involves more than just cosmetic modifications.

Sorry on both counts. New here.

I've changed the name to "My mod thread" so I dont mislead anyone.

Moderator, please move to the correct forum.

This is more a chronicle for me. Others will be disappointed, I know. Other than chip, exhaust (after warranty expires) and intake (after warranty expires) I dont have any other engine plans. As for suspension/wheels, maybe the VW sport springs. I like my Detroits, so no wheel plans.

I really like the RNS-315 with Dynaudio, so no ICE plans.

I'm doing the cosmetic mods to the exterior and interior first because I have 3/36K to go through before I do much to the engine....This is my daily driver and I have a family of 5 (including me) that needs it to be reliable.

And is an auto dimming mirror with homelink merely cosmetic??? :iono:

Carbon Steel

Go Kart Champion
Go slow with your mods, each thing you do individualizes your ride, its like savoring a good steak ( i don't eat meat) or glass of wine, add the GTI brushed metal inserts for your seat adjusters, i only did the red interior lights and the GTI seat inserts. No need to rush, your lady will be appreciate it.

jbcritch

Go Kart Champion
Go slow with your mods, each thing you do individualizes your ride, its like savoring a good steak ( i don't eat meat) or glass of wine, add the GTI brushed metal inserts for your seat adjusters, i only did the red interior lights and the GTI seat inserts. No need to rush, your lady will be appreciate it.

Oh I agree. It will slow down considerably after I install the auto dimming mirror/homelink and tint.

Waiting for the APR tune to come out ;)

...and that really is all that it is about, isnt it? Individualizing your ride to your specific taste?

jbcritch

Go Kart Champion
December 23, 2010: Gentex auto dimming mirror with Homelink installed. Before and after:

DIY here:http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12787&highlight=diy+auto+mirror[/url]

Attachments

• Gentex Mirror with Homelink Install 009.jpg
    Gentex Mirror with Homelink Install 009.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 735
  • Gentex Mirror with Homelink Install 056.jpg
    Gentex Mirror with Homelink Install 056.jpg
    343.7 KB · Views: 1,217
Last edited:

BMWguyw/GTI1

Ready to race!
Looks awsome I have to get one now.

jbcritch

Go Kart Champion
Looks awsome I have to get one now.

Thanks!

Niceee. how does it work? good bad?

Just got back from my second night drive to test it out. It works perfectly! And Mito/Gentex is the company that makes the OEM ones for the Passat (not sure about other VW models) so it looks good in the interior.

GDOGGTI

Go Kart Champion
Just got back from my second night drive to test it out. It works perfectly! And Mito/Gentex is the company that makes the OEM ones for the Passat (not sure about other VW models) so it looks good in the interior.

Damn thats awsome man. Nice mod :w00t: