GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My new stage2+ R =]

rickman535

Passed Driver's Ed
just finished up stage 2+. 4 door grey R. Pics coming soon!!!!

-APR HPFP
-VWR intake
-APR 93 octane tune
-Milltek downpipes / exhaust
-Neuspeed swaybars
-Neuspeed Springs

only one question still.. i feel like when i get on it hard i'm still getting a lot of flutter from the turbo blowing off some pressure... is this normal because it's maxing it at its top psi or is there away i can fix that?

A_Bowers

just finished up stage 2+. 4 door grey R. Pics coming soon!!!!

-APR HPFP
-VWR intake
-APR 93 octane tune
-Milltek downpipes / exhaust
-Neuspeed swaybars
-Neuspeed Springs

only one question still.. i feel like when i get on it hard i'm still getting a lot of flutter from the turbo blowing off some pressure... is this normal because it's maxing it at its top psi or is there away i can fix that?

If its anything like the k04 setup on the GTI, then yes the flutter is normal.

Hard in 3rd and sounds like fluttering pidgeons?

rickman535

Passed Driver's Ed
haha thats exactly it... i feel like it's losing some power though because of it D=...

first pic

Attachments

• 525283_569126809774240_368872028_n.jpg
    525283_569126809774240_368872028_n.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 548

A_Bowers

haha thats exactly it... i feel like it's losing some power though because of it D=...

first pic

Nice car.

You aren't losing power. Its the tune regulating the waste gate to keep boost at the specified levels.

There is a big discussion on higher output k04 files on 93 gas in the GTI 2.0 section.

If you were curious to have more aggressive tune.

Personally k04 pulls like a freight train, and i really can't see why anyone would need any more.

Congrats and welcome BTW.

rickman535

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you and thank you =D.. i love the car and it does pull like a monstor.. But my need for more HP is always there... the more i have the more i crave :p.. i think i will be going to stage 3 in the next year or so and i hope to be runing it on the track quite frequently... i live in oregon and we have some decent track days here and i want it really to be my play car !! =D

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
sexy.

congrats, and welcome.

Spinozaman

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice car.

You aren't losing power. Its the tune regulating the waste gate to keep boost at the specified levels.

There is a big discussion on higher output k04 files on 93 gas in the GTI 2.0 section.

If you were curious to have more aggressive tune.

Personally k04 pulls like a freight train, and i really can't see why anyone would need any more.

Congrats and welcome BTW.

The sound is compressor surge (flutter). It is 'normal' and is a result of the intake side of the system backing up. It is not the waste gate.

A good explanation is here:

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/77587-what-is-compressor-surge-explanation-within/

And also here:

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/surge_line

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
Even my sick IHI RHF5 will flutter if I'm too heavy in the throttle at lower rpm... I avoid it as compressor surge feels like shit/unhealthy. Fluttering sound + surging turbo speed = k04 sooner than expected :23:

A_Bowers

The sound is compressor surge (flutter). It is 'normal' and is a result of the intake side of the system backing up. It is not the waste gate.

A good explanation is here:

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/77587-what-is-compressor-surge-explanation-within/

And also here:

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/surge_line

So, you are saying at ~3500 rpms at WOT, my compressor is surging.

Where I can clearly see my needle on my boost gauge fluttering between 22 and 22.5 psi. I don't think that is going to be an issue on this one.

Boost spikes At 24-25 lbs, dials back and holds steady.

I can see a compressor surging at super low rpms, but not right in the meat of the rev band.

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
Definitely not surge. Surge would kill the boost, not just have minor boost oscillations.

Spinozaman

Passed Driver's Ed
Definitely not surge. Surge would kill the boost, not just have minor boost oscillations.

Surge doesn't kill boost. It doesn't show on a log under boost. But it does show up under MAF if you have good enough resolution in the log. It's just air getting backed up in the "restrictive" intake system. See those links I posted above. It is not the waste gate regulation boost in these cars.

Too much surge is bad. The little bits in most common tunes is acceptable.