GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My R is now a Supra??

Rob_d91

Man was I grinning after flashing the R with iE’s stage 2 file, but quickly I noticed some serious stu stu stu flutter every time I let off the throttle in low rpm low boost situations. I’ve read enough threads that my eyes are throbbing from looking at my phone screen but it’s tough to find accurate info on the R. I don’t yet have a boost gauge, yeah I know. But I can feel some mild power surging and flutter noise on WOT between say 3-4K rpm, which I’ve deemed as “normal” for stage 2 with open intake. However, the flutter I’m concerned with is when coming off throttle. Even under 3k rpm gentle diving I get whoosh whoosh whoosh whoosh with basically every shift. Sounds cool sure but as far as I know, this isn’t good. I’ve emailed iE they say check for vacuum leaks and or replace DV bc it sounds like the DV is “not opening” I’ve listened and prodded everywhere for vacuum leaks and found nothing. I’m literally not driving the R out of fear I’m killing my turbo slowly with each shift. Does anyone have any info or experience with this? Much appreciated everyone.
For reference it’s a 13’ R with iE intake & downpipe running their stage 2 Lite file since I’ve not yet rebuilt the HPFP. Stage 1 had no flutter when releasing throttle but DID have the mild power surge and flutter noise between 3-4K on WOT.

Attachments

• B9940B7B-545A-4148-8006-8115AE55134E.jpeg
    B9940B7B-545A-4148-8006-8115AE55134E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 67

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I get flutter with my K04. Everything I checked seems okay so I just embrace it.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
I had the same thing with IE's tune - the DV worked fine when shifting under hard acceleration, but I got the pigeon flutter while cruising around under part throttle. When I asked them about it they gave me the same response - they don't mess with the DV in their tune and to check/clean the DV.

I'm on UM software now and the valve operates like you'd expect it to.

Rob_d91

I get flutter with my K04. Everything I checked seems okay so I just embrace it.
I had the same thing with IE's tune - the DV worked fine when shifting under hard acceleration, but I got the pigeon flutter while cruising around under part throttle. When I asked them about it they gave me the same response - they don't mess with the DV in their tune and to check/clean the DV.

I'm on UM software now and the valve operates like you'd expect i
I wonder what’s going on tho. If the DV itself is fluttering then it’s really no concern but if what’s happening is compressor surge, it’s definitely something to get at. Did iE elaborate anymore than what you said?

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
Nope, just "we don't touch the DV". If that's true, then I don't know why it wouldn't open in normal driving. It did the same thing with a new OEM DV, a Turbosmart, and a DV+, so it's definitely something with the tune.

With UM software I get the 'pssshhh' sound that you would expect.