GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My radio has stopped working

mikeydubs

Ready to race!
http://tinyurl.com/7ge33ru

So, I got in to my car earlier today and the touch screen radio was completely black. It would not turn on when I hit the power button. I thought that was pretty weird so I turned the car off and then turned it back on. The screen was still black but eventually powered up after hitting the power button several times. However, nothing plays at all; media, cd's, radio or satellite radio. Also, there is no beeping over the speakers when I make selections.

I've had the car on and off several times today, tried taking the sd card out, ejecting and inserting a cd....nothing works.

Has anyone has this problem before? Is there some kind of factory reset for the head unit? Also, is something like this covered under warranty, or am I f'd? Any help is appreciated before I call VW.

zanyrsc

Ready to race!
could weather use to effect the older nave screens not sure if this is the case.but year warranty is 3/36.

mikeydubs

Ready to race!
Just thought I would post my update to this.

Finally got around to taking my car in. They checked it out, called the offices of Volkswagen and they advised them to flash the radio to newer software, specifically it says:
Performed RSD #10 flash for software issues.

Everything seems to be working completely normal and fine again. :w00t:

mitsuplexnyc

Ready to race!
Had this happen to me this morning. Going to have to take it in before 3/36