GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neighbors Rottweiler came over and mauled/killed my dog today

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Did the vet get any saliva samples? Do they do DNA testing with dog attacks? It's going to suck if your neighbor shrugs his shoulders and says it wasn't his dog.

I'd do something stupid like shoot that dog the next time I see it. Don't do something stupid like me.

P

plac

damn i thought it was a joke thread at first.. thats like the saddest thread ive ever read on here.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Who makes a joke thread with a title like that?

livefast

Ready to race!
This thread actually made me cry; I'm so sorry for your loss. No dog/owner should ever have to suffer through that. There must be some type of legal action you can take.

I honestly just can't imagine being in your situation.

nik

Go Kart Champion
Wow.. I'm at a loss for words... I can't even imagine what you're going through...Not too sure on the regulations across the border but in any animal attack up here I believe the attacker gets the needle. People need to seriously know what their pets are capable of regardless of size. There were a pair of pinschers in my pup's class that were just completely mental. I wouldn't let my 90 lb Shepherd near them!

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I hope you and the family were able to get some rest last night.

Did you decide how you were going to take action?

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Good lord man; I am so sorry for you and your family's loss. That's an absolute horrible thing to have to do for any pet owner.

Unfortunately as several people said that dog cannot be trusted at all now. And worse; your yard just became the "fun" place for it to play games, so it will be back over guaranteed... You have to get it out of there asap to protect your son.

Get the police/animal control involved asap, tell them you fear for your child's safety in your own yard and get that dog locked up pending a hearing on it. Call your neighbor as well. the fact they came by yesterday shows at least they are trying so don't push them away unless/until they refuse to cooperate.

GTI2007

I'm sorry to hear about your loss and especially this way. I got tears in my eyes reading it and the owner of that rottweiler really needs to be punished cause somebody who leaves a pretty dangerous dog like that wondering loose on it's own doesn't deserve to have a dog at all

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
ive had some schnauzers before, two of them ran away during a snow blizard a long time ago. anyways sorry to hear bout your dog.

CDUBBGTI91

Go Kart Champion
The Rottweiler needs to be euthanized, the neighbor sued...end of story. I'm sorry for your loss, friend.

This and kudos to you man for not going crazy right after. IDK what I would have done.

James9449

Ready to race!
Gruesome, disturbing situation. Hard as it may be, the correct approach is to handle this as a matter of public safety and certainly safety for you son. Your child is the primary concern in the aftermath, given the potential danger. But the death of another 'family member' is certainly an emotional blow. Large dogs should be fenced in, walked on a lead. That's responsible ownership. The rottweiler owner should be compelled to do something to make sure his canines (both) are not hazards to others -- off their property or on it. The rottweiler owners should make some sort of compensation for your loss, as well. Indeed, like everyone else, your situation is extremely sad, and I join others in expressing sorrow for your loss.

SAthirtythree

Ready to race!
Play it cool, but smart.

Police report / contact neighbor, request homeowners insurance info - file claim.

Then pursue it that way and be patient. Do not involve an attorney right off the bat, unless absolutely necessary.

I'm sorry man, that sounds horrible :(

Fuck that. Laywer NOW!!

It was on your property. That dog needs to be put down. And it's owners need the shit sued out of them for letting their dog wander free on your property. That could have been your kid.

Lawyer NOW!

kashak

Ready to race!
Seriously...the owner needs to be put down. My friend's pitbull wouldn't hurt a fly. It's how you raise them really. But yeah no wonder pitbulls got banned in Ontario. Sorry for your loss man :( sucks that no lawyer will bring this poor guy back :(

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Seriously...the owner needs to be put down. My friend's pitbull wouldn't hurt a fly. It's how you raise them really. But yeah no wonder pitbulls got banned in Ontario. Sorry for your loss man :( sucks that no lawyer will bring this poor guy back :(

dont you mean the owner's dog??