GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed GTI Front Mount Intercooler Review

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Curious where did you order from?

Modded Euros, they had the best price on the CC part number. Out of state + free shipping was nice too.

Not 100% they stock the parts though, could end up being drop shipped from Neuspeed which would be great as they're local-ish.

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
Modded Euros, they had the best price on the CC part number. Out of state + free shipping was nice too.

Not 100% they stock the parts though, could end up being drop shipped from Neuspeed which would be great as they're local-ish.

We stock a ton of Neuspeed. Have multiple pallets arriving this week as well. But we also look at geography of customers and if a customer is closer to Cali we will drop ship to speed up delivery for customer :thumbsup:

www.ModdedEuros.com for anyone else looking

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
We stock a ton of Neuspeed. Have multiple pallets arriving this week as well. But we also look at geography of customers and if a customer is closer to Cali we will drop ship to speed up delivery for customer :thumbsup:

www.ModdedEuros.com for anyone else looking

Definitely wasn't a dig, and I love hearing that you might request a drop ship. Since I'm 100 miles from Neuspeed that gives me hope I might get my intercooler to install christmas morning :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

ModdedEuros

Go Kart Champion
Definitely wasn't a dig, and I love hearing that you might request a drop ship. Since I'm 100 miles from Neuspeed that gives me hope I might get my intercooler to install christmas morning :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

No request needed. We analyze all our orders on the fly when someone orders. Although we stock a ton of parts if its faster for us to drop ship we will do it to get our customers product faster.

We list all our estimated time to ship products right on each product page as well if you were ever wondering

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie

Just finished installing mine today! Got a great price from modded euros and free shipping.

Installation wasn't excessively difficult. Took me about 4-5 hours taking my time. Took a bit longer since this was my first time removing my bumper etc.

My only warning to those installing: I drove around doing pulls to check for leaks without my bumper on. The plastic trim in the wheel well was pushed by the wind and rubbed on my tire and melted holes into the plastic. Nothing catastrophic but it probably could have been avoided.

Initial thoughts on the intercooler are a bit more lag on the low end, but it pulls harder top end, and much more consistently. It might be overkill for the stock turbo as I am stage 2. But it's worth it to me since I track my car, and will be putting it to the test tomorrow at buttonwillow raceway. I have plans on going f23t as well down the road so it's good to know this FMIC will hold up.

Bottom line: it may not be the best "bang for buck" on the stock turbo but it's "worth it" if you track or plan on a turbo upgrade. Granted it's in the 50s here in California but I'm sure it is much more valuable in the summer heat for just street driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
I did the same shit...took it for a ride with bumper off which was good because I blew hoses off the first couple rides but melted holes through the wheel well liners and had to order new ones.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Installed mine this weekend, install went great. Took about 3-4 hours because I hadn't removed my bumper before so there was some learning, and I was installing some wheel studs at the same time.

http://imgur.com/FXNeltE

Wrenched the clamps down until they took some force and the silicone bulged a bit. Hit 23psi on my first trip around the block and drove 250 miles home with no issues. Feels great, will have to check my IATs on my commute to see how that changed.

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
nice man!

looks like Neuspeed is giving better clamps?

mine were not as bulky as yours. but i never had an issue of them popping off.
almost 2.5 years (knock on wood)

[Old User]

Go Kart Champion
Yes

Pro tip for anyone installing themselves just wrench the the clamps down to the very last thread

Tried this and broke the clamps. The clamps that mine came with were garbage and couldn't take remotely enough tension to stop the hoses popping off. 15$ at lowes later and I had much stronger ones that actually worked.

The point being that hopefully they improved the clamps that the kit comes with, otherwise i wouldn't recommend cranking them down as tight as possible.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
They must have changed a few things. My kit had T bolt clamps, 3- #250 and 1- #263 if I remember right. Strong looking and tightened down fine.

WetMoney

Go Kart Champion
They must have changed a few things. My kit had T bolt clamps, 3- #250 and 1- #263 if I remember right. Strong looking and tightened down fine.

yeah i had worm clamps. def not T-bolt clamps. looks like Neuspeed has been listening to their customers :thumbsup: