GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New Graphic in MFD after software upgrade?

tt15gm

Passed Driver's Ed
I recently had my car serviced at the dealer the other day. I tried to get them to disable the lock beep, but they said it couldn't be changed. They also upgraded my car's software. When I drove away from the dealer I noticed a new graphic in the multi-function display(MFD) where the odometer normally is. It has MPH --- and then what looks like a mini speedometer or something. I noticed that when I'm not moving I can see the odometer, but when I start driving the graphic appears and it doesn't disappear until the car stops again. I'm not sure what this does and I've gone through all the MFD screens and I can't find anything about it, or how to turn it off. I took a couple snapshots of what it looks like while the car is stationary, and when it is moving. Does anyone know what this is? This has been resolved. It was the cruise control.

Last edited:

hobbes

Ready to race!
Looks like cruise control, but I could be wrong...I drive a Mk5 :D

tt15gm

Passed Driver's Ed
I have not checked that yet, that's probably it! Thanks! It probably got turned on by accident. I have not used the cruise control in this car yet.

Looks like cruise control, but I could be wrong...I drive a Mk5 :D

pvivino

Ready to race!
This symbol comes on when the cruise control is on and replaces the total mileage. If you do not want it just turn cruise control off. It has nothing to do with the work done on the car by the dealer.

tt15gm

Passed Driver's Ed
Got it, thanks!

This symbol comes on when the cruise control is on and replaces the total mileage. If you do not want it just turn cruise control off. It has nothing to do with the work done on the car by the dealer.

Diego Armando

Go Kart Champion
cruise control is on, just turn it off on the stalk