GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

*NEW*MK6 Euro Tail Reverse CREE LED Kit – Very Bright/Error Free/Lifetime Warranty

robeeeerob

Go Kart Champion
Ah, I see. Np man, glad to help! Let us know if you have any more questions, and when you get it all fixed up [emoji16][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MKVI_Roa

Ready to race!
*NEW*MK6 Euro Tail Reverse CREE LED Kit – Very Bright/Error Free/Lifetime Wa...

Woo wee my lights are now working properly and error free I retightened the t-taps for the yellow wires on each side and decided to open and re-tap the other red resistor wires to the THICKER brown wires on each side. Upon examination I realized that I had actually severed the thinner brown wire on the right side and had to reconnect it using a butt splice ( this was causing side light out errors oddly)
My placement of the resistors are iffy
and I should have placed them further away from the plastic trim but it took about 1:30 minutes for each resistor to heat up to 'warm' anyway so I shouldn't be an issue. Basically for anyone reading this in the future don't repeat my mistakes lol

AND again thanks Rob for your help and thank you DeAutoKey for providing essential LED kits! Will be ordering again soon.

chinoyboi14

Ready to race!
Woo wee my lights are now working properly and error free I retightened the t-taps for the yellow wires on each side and decided to open and re-tap the other red resistor wires to the THICKER brown wires on each side. Upon examination I realized that I had actually severed the thinner brown wire on the right side and had to reconnect it using a butt splice ( this was causing side light out errors oddly)
My placement of the resistors are iffy
and I should have placed them further away from the plastic trim but it took about 1:30 minutes for each resistor to heat up to 'warm' anyway so I shouldn't be an issue. Basically for anyone reading this in the future don't repeat my mistakes lol

AND again thanks Rob for your help and thank you DeAutoKey for providing essential LED kits! Will be ordering again soon.

I wonder how many have had this problem, because I did the same thing to my brown wire when I got these. ?

MKVI_Roa

Ready to race!
Do you guys think Posi-taps would be a better alternative to "vamp" taps? Seems like they do less damage and would have been much more secure to place in such a tight area.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
Those vampire taps are a terrible solution. Fast & cheap, but trouble prone. Try the Posi-taps & stop using those Vampires.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Those vampire taps are a terrible solution. Fast & cheap, but trouble prone. Try the Posi-taps & stop using those Vampires.

We really do not agree with that statement, we installed thousands of t-taps with 0 issues, even 5 years later, once secure and making a clean connection they will never fail and work great.

We understand the posi-tap option but it is a bit more work and are more expensive and they will work the same as the t-taps.

We think the t-taps are the best and easiest option.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I'll agree to disagree on this one. ;)

We understand the concern and you have a right to disagree but you are trying to say that t-taps are terrible/trouble prone so we will comment about that statement with what we have found.

We never had an issue and used thousands of them on various projects, we never had an issue while using them or even after they have been installed for 5+ years.

We would never sell anything we thought would cause issues nor or down the road for customers.

Last edited:

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
I have had issues with them & more than once.

As a vendor you have to say this....
We would never sell anything we thought would cause issues nor or down the road for customers.
I believe this is actually the reason....
We understand the posi-tap option but it is a bit more work and are more expensive and they will work the same as the t-taps.

I'm agreeing to disagree. :D

Can we stop or do we need to continue this debate that neither of us will agree on?

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I have had issues with them & more than once.

As a vendor you have to say this.... I believe this is actually the reason....

I'm agreeing to disagree. :D

Can we stop or do we need to continue this debate that neither of us will agree on?

Again, our experience with selling these is that these never caused any issues or problems, no reason to lie about that.

We would never sell a product that would cause issues because customer service comes first and we do not want our customers to have any issues with our product.

This is the truth and not something we are just saying, people like yourself who might have a bad view on t-taps most likely won't be able to change their minds, but people who are just getting into t-taps will quickly realize they are an easy solution that works.

ashchuckton

Ready to race!
And on we go. You are using the cheapest solution & not the best solution. No crime in that, too bad you don't offer a better option.

Your serve. ;)

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
And on we go. You are using the cheapest solution & not the best solution. No crime in that, too bad you don't offer a better option.

Your serve. ;)

It is obvious what the entire point of every post we made has been, we won't be rude here but state the obvious facts from selling MANY of these kits:

1. We never had any customer issues using the t-taps - they have been installed for years, no issues during install, no issues after install.

2.Easy, simple and effective solution

3.We would never sell a product that would cause issues because customer service comes first and we do not want our customers to have any issues with our product.

That sums up every post, there is no point in posting beyond this, but we appreciate your opinion, we will just reply with the facts that we have seen from selling many of these kits.

Thanks for listening.