GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEW OE intake for TSI/EA888

aw6141

Go Kart Champion
Bruce,

Are there any translated guides on how to make this or is there anyone in Germany making it themselves to sell? I used google translate, and have a rough idea on how to make it, but some parts I am confused on. I think I want to try to make this using a second intake tubing and or buy one made.

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
FWIW, I've also re-designed the VTDA slightly to work with this motor..about 8K miles on the prototype '14 GLi so far..

Vac line port:

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Many aftermarket intakes are known to plunder power and cause several other issues.

Care to elaborate on this? I have never heard of an issue with aftermarket intakes for this car except for maybe an intake that has to relocate the MAF and even then it didn't seem like an issue.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Care to elaborate on this? I have never heard of an issue with aftermarket intakes for this car except for maybe an intake that has to relocate the MAF and even then it didn't seem like an issue.

Not an issue. What is an issue is the whistle :thumbsdown:

butchered by autocorrecr

mattdibart

Go Kart Champion
Not an issue. What is an issue is the whistle :thumbsdown:

butchered by autocorrecr

Only install the stage 1 portion of the Carbonio, problem solved. Based on mod shacks picture I bet his doesn't whistle either.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Only install the stage 1 portion of the Carbonio, problem solved. Based on mod shacks picture I bet his doesn't whistle either.

Naw Modshack's doesn't whistle. I have the VF Engineering intake. Great piece of metal, but that's about all it is all the way to the inlet pipe. Whistles like a bitch even with the rev D valve. Also has a MAF sensor relocate. My fuel trims have been fine and I definitely picked up a nice smooth strong top end on top of stage 1.

butchered by autocorrecr

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
FWIW, I've also re-designed the VTDA slightly to work with this motor..about 8K miles on the prototype '14 GLi so far..

Vac line port:

I wish this had the scoop from the front grill into the intake and I would be all over buying it. Just like the VWR one has.

Jerseynoob

Ready to race!
when i started reading about intakes a few years ago, people always mentioned simply 'swiss cheesing' the intake, how is this OE intake, any different from swiss cheesing it?

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
i was thinking of doing this but cant seem to find my dremel. pretty much cut out a portion of the oem airbox on the fender side

PlaidDad

Ready to race!

So I just picked up a used Carbonio stage 1&2, haven't yet installed. If I put in both stages and it whistles too much, would removing stage 2 cut down on the whistling?