GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New purchase. 2012 GTI (bye bye 1.8t)

16plus4v

Ready to race!
Hey guys. New the the MKVI club! Coming from the MKIV, B5 croud. Glad to move forward with the VW brand.

Just picked up this GTI yesterday. '12 GTI DSG,TECH(RNS 510,DYNAUDIO,KESSY), Luxury leather and the 18" Serron wheels. The colour is CSG.

I'm very excited to start modding the must have items. So far this is whats coming to my doorstep from the vendors,

Cherry LED tails (oem)
European Headlight Switch (with auto coming home feature)
H&R Super Sports (I'm typically a coilover fan but these come highly recommended by a local friend with this same drop and it's absolutely perfect for me)
Hatch pop kit from ECS

I'll be placing an order for a CSG front chin spoiler this afternoon also.

Pic at time of delivery. I'll update the pics as the mods go on.

Thinking about spacers.. what are you guys running on oem wheel setups ?

Last edited:

16plus4v

Ready to race!
More pics from today, poor lighting due to sunrise.. So no photography comments lol (iphone)

intanetfreak

Go Kart Champion
Welcome to the club. I must say though I never noticed the Golf ball shifter on GTIs. Not a big fan...

SmokeyGTI

Ready to race!
Nice ride my friend. I actually kind of dig the golf ball shifter. Especially on the MT's. It's subtle but nice touch.

Enjoy the car, you will love it!

Sent from my Sprint iPhone using Tapatalk

Tech72

Ready to race!
Congrats on the GTI, from another GTI guy in the GTA.

CFG9000

Ready to race!
Man, you guys have way better feature choices than we do in the USA. I would totally trade the RNS-315 all Autobahns come with here for the RNS-510 + Climatronic :(

16plus4v

Ready to race!
lol that's funny. I wasn't too sure about the shift knob at first either, but from owning a DE MK3 in the past it's a friendly reminder that VW carry's along certain trends throughout the years. It's grown on me for sure.

I also was unsure of the LED running lights when I saw the facelift earlier this year, but again it grew on me big time. The car gets a lot of looks because of them.. I was a c*nt hair away from grabbing a '12 R but I was determined to have a DSG equipped daily driver and for some stupid mother******* reason the North American Golf R gang didn't get any love for DSG.

The ride height is killing me. Hopefully these parts arrive today !

intanetfreak

Go Kart Champion
The LEDs look mean! I would have loved a DSG R for the city as well, not that I would have been able to afford it, but you know w/e haha. In the end I'd at least got me a dub.

16plus4v

Ready to race!
The LEDs look mean! I would have loved a DSG R for the city as well, not that I would have been able to afford it, but you know w/e haha. In the end I'd at least got me a dub.

Yeah no doubt man! Prior to taking interest in the R and GTI, I was actually comitted to a DSG Highline TDI golf earlier this year and backed out. I'm kind of glad I did because I have a feeling in very little time the car would have been on lease busters or in the back of a garbage truck on the way to Michigan ;)

And this route I took now won't leave me feeling like " damn I wish I got a GTI " as they drive by me on the road. I won't feel that way about the R because it didn't impress me that much with the manual transmission. I'm so fed up with driving standard in this city... I'm 26 and I complain like I've been on the road for 30 years but damn does Toronto wear you down when commuting in rush hour.

16plus4v

Ready to race!
Coming from a 1.8t you'll enjoy stock tune for a decent amount of time, but eventually you may find yourself thinking of stage 1 or 2.

Congrats and enjoy!

Haha.. It's funny you say that, but my 1.8t wasn't really a 1.8t. It was a 2.0l stroker fully built making around 580awhp. Pic FWIW..

For a daily, the k04 setup is VERY appealing to me for this car, and it's cost isn't terribly high. Utilizing all oem parts. Nothing better than 300+whp of reliable drivable power.