GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NH inspection, Stage 2 cat-less

BeauG

Ready to race!
OK, I know some people have probably wondered if their car would pass NH OBD-II testing during their annual inspection after choosing a stage 2 tune with a testpipe file for a cat-less or high-flow cat exhaust system. I know I was nervous about failing that portion of the inspection, but I couldn't find a good answer ANYWHERE as to whether or not I would be able to pass inspection with my APR Stage 2 tune and a cat-less 3" turbo-back.

To put the question to rest, with the stage 2 tune disabling readiness on your O2 sensor, you will get a not-ready for O2 sensors, and a not-ready for catalyst, but you WILL pass inspection. I just got my vehicle inspected yesterday and passed without having to do anything special.

Just thought I'd let people know as I read a lot of conflicting information between here and vortex.

THAT BEING SAID, if your inspection station won't look the other way, you could still fail the visual inspection if you run a cat-less exhaust. So find a friend that works at a shop that does inspections or check out the many lists online and on vortex for shops that might slide you through.