GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

North Jersey golf 2.5(UG)

mk6jay

Ready to race!
Sup everyone. Since this place needs some more 2.5 love. Ill be updating my car on here.

I came from a 99 passat 1.8T

bagged. Was an awesome car but it was time to move on.
now I have a 2010 golf 2.5

View attachment 19156
Current

Engine/Trans:
AWE tuning 2.5 catback
NLS short shifter
APR carbonio CAI
USP testpipe catless

Exterior:
Color matched markers and reflectors on rear bumper
Euro Image rear wiper delete
Debadged trunk lid
badgless grill with filled in hood notch
black mirror caps
Tdi fogs

Interior:
Euroswitch

Suspension:
Airlift slam xl fronts,
slam specialties ss-5's with koni shocks
Airlift management(400c viair compressor, 5 gallon skinny tank) with 4 way paddle switches
Gti front sway bar

Future:
either get the SRI or just do Uni Stage 2 tune
whiteline anti lift kit
whiteline bump steer

Wheels:
15" Passat Adelaide's with Stock tires.
17" denvers with 215/45/17 kumho ecsta's
17"

Last edited:

mk6jay

Ready to race!
Decided to order the textured black mirror caps from ecstuning, too bad they won't be in till march. :-/

Awe tuning exhaust should be on the way within 3 weeks or so. Will take pics and video once I have it.

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
Congrats dude. I remember your car, I was going to the AD gtgs for a few months last year with a buddy of mine with a silverstone grey MK4.

I'm sure the Golf will turn out equally as nice as the passat. I just saw the ECS mirrors and I can't decide between the glossy black and the textured black.

mk6jay

Ready to race!
Thanks guys! My ideas change every day. It's crazy. I got a list going in my head but I'm sure it will change with time. My next plan is to get some coilovers. Anyone know much about the fk streetlines? How low they go etc?

Emillionaire where ya from? Come by the meets again sometime! I want to check out your car.

sirdudeth

Ready to race!
Unitronic has a tune for the 2010 2.5s btw. Still nothing for the 2011s...

mk6jay

Ready to race!
Yea I was thinking about the carbonio. But I'll see. I'm not sure I want a CAI yet.

Hmmm i didn't know unitronic made a tune for the 2.5's. Gotta look into that. I was hoping to go with apr again but they don't have ish for the 2.5

Awe tuning is working on their own fueling program for the 2.5!

mk6jay

Ready to race!
Stage 2 looks perfect :). I WILL do that once I get a intake. To keep up with you stock gti's haha.

sirdudeth

Ready to race!
I didn't know AWE was working on anything. I spoke with one of the guys at ARP a few weeks ago and he said that they weren't working on any tunes for the MK6.

mk6jay

Ready to race!
Well if they didn't lie to me in the email. I was on awe's site not to long ago and the exhaust was replaced with a fuel program and I emailed them about it. They said they were working on one. The fact that it was on the site was some sort of glitch. Let me see if I can pull up the email

mk6jay

Ready to race!
From awe tuning

"You are correct in that what you saw was the software for the car. The catch is, it was a link to another car’s software. The programming for your car is not yet available. It is being worked on though."

It was called flashloader pump fuel performance program.

Emillionaire90

Ready to race!
Emillionaire where ya from? Come by the meets again sometime! I want to check out your car.

I live in Glen Rock but I go to school all week in Queens. I'll definitely come through when the weather warms up. :thumbsup:

BTW everyone says FKs go really low, I want to switch out my springs for those before the show season starts.