GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Not sure I like this at all... New GTI Mk7

Hulman100

Passed Driver's Ed
i like the headlights. i think its unique

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
Meh, no stripe in the headlights. It'll probably be my first mod if I get an MK7.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Oh, and to all you "I love wheel gap, its how it was the designers like it" and posted all your dribble in the slammed mk7 thread....

bam...VW likes them low too

CW GTi1

Ready to race!
Not to big of a fan of that red stripe going into the headlight, but other than that I think the car looks pretty good. I hope VW makes the LSD standard instead of having to get the performance package. Also hopefully they make xenons either standard or a stand alone option.

Mantooth

Ready to race!
It's funny, the pointy rear tails are already getting easier to look at. Really hated them when I saw them on the Golf. Am I the only one who thinks the piano black is less classy than the soft touch we have now?

Needless to saw, overall I like the MK7. Great lines and the power bump is great news too.

I'm thinking that by the time my MK6 is paid off I'll be ready to pull the trigger on an MK7 R in 2-3 years. Reeeeally looking forward to what that has to offer.

McQueen77

Banned

haha. exactly.

i looked at all the photos. i like it a lot. ive got no beef with the new model. lot of attention to detail in the interior as well.. love the carbon fiber inlay in certain areas, etc. even the engine cover is a lot nicer. is it me or does the intake look a lot more direct as well?

i dig it. since im one of the few that is fine with the power of stage 1, if i would have known, i would have held out for the stage 2 performance pack variant and not worried about my warranty. looks to be a big improvement all around

haha. exactly.

i looked at all the photos. i like it a lot. ive got no beef with the new model. lot of attention to detail in the interior as well.. love the carbon fiber inlay in certain areas, etc. even the engine cover is a lot nicer. is it me or does the intake look a lot more direct as well?

i dig it. since im one of the few that is fine with the power of stage 1, if i would have known, i would have held out for the stage 2 performance pack variant and not worried about my warranty. looks to be a big improvement all around

I like how the intake tubing doesn't sit directly over the hot as hell turbo.

what the hell is that thing on the strut?

Euro cars get adaptive suspension, which is adjustable with a button.

We get the shaft.

KAH1

Passed Driver's Ed
evolution

I was afraid that VW would go down market with the Golf like they did with the Jetta, seeing these images has put those fears to rest. Things I like.. having the center stack controls favor the driver like BMWs and Saabs from the 80s and early 90s, the wheels Detroits never did it for me and the rest I was only warm to these I like, that sloping roof and chunky C-pillar(do wonder about blind spot and head room), more power, I like the steering wheel but I LOVE the MK6 GTI wheel.I'm not a sunroof guy but wow thats a sunroof should make the sunroof people happy. Not that keen on the red lipstick only being on the bottom lip and the new tail lights but I'm sure they will grow on us, they needed something to differentiate from the MK6. Would have loved the back seats to fold flat and no lift-over lip when you open the back hatch (Yes I was spoiled by a 14year love affair with my 91 Saab).

This new GTI looks very nice but bring a GTD to the States and you might get me back to the show room. Glad to see they didn't backtrack like in the MK3 and 4 days(IMO)

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yeah, probably like how the R here doesnt get the ride select dealie or whatever either.

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
The more I look at the headlights, it looks the red stripe might just be a piece of plastic set into a channel. The Golf seems to have the channel but no plastic strip?