GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

O2 Spacer, how many do I need?

sukanas1

Ready to race!
So im getting a full TBE but im not chipped :)( i know, the only dealer i could to go to was gonna charge 200 for labor). I wanna avoid a CEL so if a CEL DOES come on, i'll know its part of something else and not the exhaust.

So I have a CBFA and there are 3 o2 sensors right? but do I only need one o2 spacer (any other place that sells em besides 42dd?) after the cat?

Thanks!!

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
I believe you only need 1 o2 spacer and it goes on the last location (closest to the rear of the car).

Yeah, I have the 42dd one and it works like a charm. I am CBFA as well, but did not see the install done, so I cannot comment on where it goes.

BeauG

Ready to race!
So im getting a full TBE but im not chipped :)( i know, the only dealer i could to go to was gonna charge 200 for labor). I wanna avoid a CEL so if a CEL DOES come on, i'll know its part of something else and not the exhaust.

So I have a CBFA and there are 3 o2 sensors right? but do I only need one o2 spacer (any other place that sells em besides 42dd?) after the cat?

Thanks!!

CBFA motors still only have two O2 sensors IIRC, the forward sensor is just relocated ONTO the turbo instead of after it. But yes, you only need one spacer and it goes on the O2 sensor AFTER the catalytic.

whalesalad

Ready to race!
CBFA motors still only have two O2 sensors IIRC, the forward sensor is just relocated ONTO the turbo instead of after it. But yes, you only need one spacer and it goes on the O2 sensor AFTER the catalytic.

CBFA actually have three technically... one is on the turbo (more of a temp sensor actually) and then the other two are just before and just after the cat.

My car is at the dealer right now (hopefully) getting the pre-cat o2 replaced... it's dying on me.

jon@HSTuning

Ready to race!
200 for labor, for what? To chip your car?
Ship me the ecu, and I'll turn it around in a day!

The only upside i can see on the 42DD piece vs. the megan racing one is that it's angled, so you don't push the o2 into the exhaust tunnel, if that's an issue (available space). If not, it should work the same. Might also pull it further out of the exhaust stream. By the time you're done getting one, and possibly having it installed, you might have been better off getting the tune instead!

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I have the 42dd one and it works like a charm. I am CBFA as well, but did not see the install done, so I cannot comment on where it goes.

tdream1, I just picked up a 42DD DP, did they install O2 spacers on your pipe or does it not throw an error when you install the pipe w/o the spacers?

P

plac

why would you even get a TBE if you arent gonna get tuned? Complete waste of money. You're missing 90% of the gains.

Will@R.A.I.

Ready to race!
Id recommend our adjustable Jetted spacer

Click here

and you only need one in the very last 02 sensor.

sukanas1

Ready to race!
why would you even get a TBE if you arent gonna get tuned? Complete waste of money. You're missing 90% of the gains.

Cause I love wasting money. Lol jk. It's cause when I tried to catch the sale, the shop wanted to charge me 200 for labor. So I'm gonna wait for aprs next sale when I'm down in socal.

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
Id recommend our adjustable Jetted spacer

Click here

and you only need one in the very last 02 sensor.

I keep hearing about these spacers. Are they guaranteed to work or do they just keep the likelihood of a CEL down? I'm thinking the latter.

P

plac

dood its the best of everything. you just change your jets until it turns the CEL off. totally customizable.. the question is.. how many jets does it come with?

Will@R.A.I.

Ready to race!
They are designed to eliminate the CEL. It comes with 3 different sized jets. One is actual in place in that picture.