GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**OEM Golf R LED Tails - Official Group Buy**

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
:eek:very VERY shitty Kev. Sent you a pm.:(

mark986

Ready to race!
Ouch! That was the one thing I was worried about when I opened my box lol.
I just finished sealed my lights since I didn't want to take any chances with leaks. Putting them on tomorrow!

MasterKevin

Ready to race!
I still stuck at in transit. 60% :(

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
opened up my box this morning.. passenger side main taillight is destroyed.

Lodi, how do we fix this? you have an email or something from someone at BKS who is handling problems?

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sux, stuff like that happens with shipping companies... Especially with an order this big...

I just came from my Audio Video dealer and the owner showed me a pair of $3000 Bowers and Wilkins CM9 speakers that was crushed in it's box with shipping... The speakers where just ruined...

ncelk

Got mine in on Saturday, installed with no issues.

I have xenon lights, no rear fog and a production date of 09/09.

I show according to looking online to change Byte 18 to "20".

Any one with xenons use this and did it work ok for you?

kthor7031

Go Kart Champion
Just got mine installed today. LOVE THEM. Thanks LODI! Install was a breeze. Time to code

FlIpDuB

Ready to race!
need help! My right rear inner tail screw broke off from my taillight and not able to take the nut off the screw, will BKS warranty this..? will post pics in a few..:mad0259:

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
need help! My right rear inner tail screw broke off from my taillight and not able to take the nut off the screw, will BKS warranty this..? will post pics in a few..:mad0259:

waiting for pics...

mark986

Ready to race!
Got mine in on Saturday, installed with no issues.

I have xenon lights, no rear fog and a production date of 09/09.

I show according to looking online to change Byte 18 to "20".

Any one with xenons use this and did it work ok for you?

From what I've seen it should. I haven't done mine yet.

PS: they look great Lodi! Thanks again! They actually look a lot better in person.

FlIpDuB

Ready to race!
waiting for pics...

Was installing mine today and as I was trying to adjust the right inner tails the whole screw that attaches to the tail light came off as I was trying to unscrew the nut.. I tried to re screw it back in again but to no avail as everytime I try to unscrew the nut the whole screw comes off.. Pls help..

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Was installing mine today and as I was trying to adjust the right inner tails the whole screw that attaches to the tail light came off as I was trying to unscrew the nut.. I tried to re screw it back in again but to no avail as everytime I try to unscrew the nut the whole screw comes off.. Pls help..

Dood, that sucks. Pics are kind of unclear, is the screw broken, or just pulled out of place? If it's just pulled out of place, a good quality epoxy adhesive might be your easiest solution. There isn't really much strain put on those screws, so the epoxy might do the trick, but it's hard for me to tell for sure without being able to see it first hand. You'd need enough surface area for the epoxy to have enough to grab onto, if you know what I mean.

Either way, I'm sure you'd rather have it replaced, I really don't know what BKS is going to say about this one. They could claim 'installer error'. Best bet is to email them with pics and an explanation of exactly what happened. Be sure to tell them that it broke/pulled out as you were loosening the nut, not tightening it. That might be your only hope of getting them to give you a replacement.

Email them at cs@bks-tuning.com and CC a copy to rs@bks-tuning.com

tell them you were part of this group buy, and give them the same info you gave to me the first time around (name, shipping, etc).

I'll email them as well to give them a heads-up to expect a message from you, but I don't know that there's much else I can do for you on this one man.

FlIpDuB

Ready to race!
Dood, that sucks. Pics are kind of unclear, is the screw broken, or just pulled out of place? If it's just pulled out of place, a good quality epoxy adhesive might be your easiest solution. There isn't really much strain put on those screws, so the epoxy might do the trick, but it's hard for me to tell for sure without being able to see it first hand. You'd need enough surface area for the epoxy to have enough to grab onto, if you know what I mean.

Either way, I'm sure you'd rather have it replaced, I really don't know what BKS is going to say about this one. They could claim 'installer error'. Best bet is to email them with pics and an explanation of exactly what happened. Be sure to tell them that it broke/pulled out as you were loosening the nut, not tightening it. That might be your only hope of getting them to give you a replacement.

Email them at cs@bks-tuning.com and CC a copy to rs@bks-tuning.com

tell them you were part of this group buy, and give them the same info you gave to me the first time around (name, shipping, etc).

I'll email them as well to give them a heads-up to expect a message from you, but I don't know that there's much else I can do for you on this one man.

Thankx Lodi, but worst come to worst would I be able to buy just the right inner tail..?:mad0259: