GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OEM LED tail turn signal not working - help!

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
Hey guys, so I sold my LED Tails (fully functioning with deautokey led turn signals) and the buyer is complaining the driver side turn signal doesn't work.

He said he swapped bulbs, and wiring harness, to no avail. I also sent him the OEM bulbs, I asked if he tried them out, he hasn't responded yet, but I imagine they won't work either.

So basically the problem is in the tail. Trying to help him out, I've never sold something online before (and never buy anything used for this reason) so I'm a little freaked out as I tried to make the transaction go smoothly.

I suggested he make sure the three wires going into the turn signal housing in the below photo are properly seated on both sides, but if not, doesn't anyone know anything else to look for??

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys, so I sold my LED Tails (fully functioning with deautokey led turn signals) and the buyer is complaining the driver side turn signal doesn't work.

He said he swapped bulbs, and wiring harness, to no avail. I also sent him the OEM bulbs, I asked if he tried them out, he hasn't responded yet, but I imagine they won't work either.

So basically the problem is in the tail. Trying to help him out, I've never sold something online before (and never buy anything used for this reason) so I'm a little freaked out as I tried to make the transaction go smoothly.

I suggested he make sure the three wires going into the turn signal housing in the below photo are properly seated on both sides, but if not, doesn't anyone know anything else to look for??

Could the bulb be in backwards?

Boscogn

Go Kart Champion
Have him flip his led in the socket. Polly just the polarity is backwards.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
Pause

I sent the tails to him with the LED's already installed, so polarity isn't an issue lol.

Anyway, just realized he had no idea the bulbs were removable, I thought he said he swapped them. My listing was pretty clear that I had installed turn signal LEDs, and that I was also gonna include the OEM bulbs with them.

Strange that the LED would just go out randomly like that..

Hopefully he figures it out, feel a lot better now.