GOLFMKV

Off Topic Thread #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer

Merkle

Banned
Haha. Its a hit or miss with the blue. Theres a grey coupe that parks next to me and its ok from certain angles, but I like the black or white better.

LaCrosse? Hmmmmm No thanks. Get her in a Regal GS :D

I really like those cars, love the styling.

270hp
295tq.
And, available with a manual tranmission...

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
Morning folks, my Comcast saga continues. :laugh:

I called Comcast after work yesterday and they said they have an appointment to set up the connection box for the building. So I decided to give them one last chance and set up an appointment for Sunday 1-3. If that doesn't work out, I'll reschedule UVerse for Monday. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Haha. Its a hit or miss with the blue. Theres a grey coupe that parks next to me and its ok from certain angles, but I like the black or white better.

LaCrosse? Hmmmmm No thanks. Get her in a Regal GS :D

Eh, different strokes. IMO GS is worse than the Accord coupe. Heavier, slower, worse mileage, more expensive, and with no features that are not on the Accord: specifically AWD and HUD.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Thanks guys. Plan is to go to the University of Florida for undergrad, and then see where that takes me

Under what focus? Undecided?

Engineering FTW :)

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Eh, different strokes. IMO GS is worse than the Accord coupe. Heavier, slower, worse mileage, more expensive, and with no features that are not on the Accord: specifically AWD and HUD.

Didn't know that. I've always wanted to drive one to see the hype. Can't argue heavy though lol

AWD on an accord would be spectacular

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Pre-med, but all my options are open, including engineering :)

If you DO decide to go engineering start now. You'll need experience and you'll need time. You have a lot of math to do :)

Plus you have a representative that can get you a job at Honda if you'd like. :)

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Didn't know that. I've always wanted to drive one to see the hype. Can't argue heavy though lol

AWD on an accord would be spectacular

Yeah 270 hp at 3700 lbs is not particularly exciting, I don't know why people like them so much. The lighter Verano with the same engine I can see, or the ATS which I think also has the same engine but weighs 200+ lbs less and is RWD/AWD, those are cool options.

I quite like the ATS but it's more than she wants to spend sadly, $47k for the AWD one with HUD versus like $39k on the Buick.

Skipdr

Go Kart Champion
If you DO decide to go engineering start now. You'll need experience and you'll need time. You have a lot of math to do :)

Plus you have a representative that can get you a job at Honda if you'd like. :)

Math is great for me, so that's not a problem. I'll definitely look into seeing if I can take classes that can prepare me in case I want to switch.

And thank you :)

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Don't get a degree in math if you want to get an engineering job. You learn the same crap but it will be much harder to get a job if your degree doesn't say "Engineering" right on it. It took me a long time to even get interviews.

Merkle

Banned
Math is great for me, so that's not a problem. I'll definitely look into seeing if I can take classes that can prepare me in case I want to switch.

And thank you :)

Sounds like a plan. Enjoy your college life and, by enjoy it I mean the eye candy. ;)

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
A new Panera Bread opened in the food court attached to my building and the first 500 customers today received a free travel mug and free coffee for a month.

I made it in time. :cool: The travel mug and the coffee itself are meh, but it's better than having to pay for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.