GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official APR MK6 Products and Information

mark986

Ready to race!
Any plans for revisions to the k04 map? Not that I have any issues except no traction which I'll fix eventually =)

johntesi

Ready to race!
I'm considering picking up a MK6 GTI and I will immediately want to install some APR goodies; Stage I ECU at a minimum, possibly more.

Unfortunately we don't seem to have any APR dealers here in Oklahoma City, which means I'll need to head out of town for the install. Can anyone recommend a dealer between here and Dallas/Arlington? Here are the dealers closest to me according to the APR site. Anyone have experience (good or bad) with any of these guys?

Speedsportz in Tulsa, OK: Their web site is dated and doesn't say anything about VW or APR.
Eurosport Automotive in Plano, TX.
Import Car Center in Grapevine, TX.
Dub Squared in Arlington, TX.

I'd greatly appreciate any recommendations, endorsements, or cautionary tales. Thanks!

I can speak personally for and solidly endorse DubSquared.. Great guys, nice/clean shop, a few framed magazines that their project cars have been in, all around a solid place to get APR or any other work done for that matter.

I know lots of people that use Eurosport, though can't say much for Import Car Center. I'd hit NTAG (North Texas Audi Group) forums and see what people have said about them there. :w00t:

themaxx

Passed Driver's Ed
I can speak personally for and solidly endorse DubSquared.. Great guys, nice/clean shop, a few framed magazines that their project cars have been in, all around a solid place to get APR or any other work done for that matter.

I know lots of people that use Eurosport, though can't say much for Import Car Center. I'd hit NTAG (North Texas Audi Group) forums and see what people have said about them there. :w00t:

That's very helpful. Thank you!

If I wanted to start off on my MK6 with just the CAI, is there anything I need to buy besides that?

Might Stage 1 chip it later in the summer if I start working...

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
If I wanted to start off on my MK6 with just the CAI, is there anything I need to buy besides that?

Might Stage 1 chip it later in the summer if I start working...

If you have the CBFA engine code, you'll need the little breather hose filter, otherwise you will not need anything else!

ray ebz

Ready to race!
hey arin, i just purchesed and installed the stage 1 ecu into my 2011 gti and I love it :) sadly, my dealer didnt have anymore stickers to give me so i was wondering if you can hook me up with one si i can rep apr!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
The Carbonio intake is one of the quietest intakes I've ever heard (or not heard, for that matter) - I love it, because the performance is there but the crazy loudness isn't. Arin, can you comment - does the plastic and CF have some "warm up"/break-in time, I've got some smell coming out of the engine bay at times and others have noted the same thing on here, is that normal?

Drunknfoo

Ready to race!
The Carbonio intake is one of the quietest intakes I've ever heard (or not heard, for that matter) - I love it, because the performance is there but the crazy loudness isn't. Arin, can you comment - does the plastic and CF have some "warm up"/break-in time, I've got some smell coming out of the engine bay at times and others have noted the same thing on here, is that normal?

Give it a couple of days if anything, I picked up my intake directly from carbonio and the smell of the resin was super strong. Once it was on the car, it got stronger, but after a few days it was gone

gtidubai

Got my Stage 1.1 today- its like downloading an APP into your iphone, APR guys are the best.. very easy and cool.. BUT..I have NOT enjoyed the power yet :( becasue it's just a crazy day - while driving back home the roads were full of police cars and Radars. just imagine.. and they keep look at my baby, so I had to drive like a 90 years Old pussy and will most likely sleep ON MY BACK tonight without trying out my new CRAZY GIRL.

gtidubai

Guys, I got the change to try my stage 1, it's amazing- it's different car, I can feel the power on 3rd and 4th gears the most, when downshift to 2nd gear at low rpm I feel the car want to refuse it? Is this normal for dsg after apr stage 1?

Overall I am very happy and I think I'll go with loud voice tune to ahow off my power, any recommendation for a quick and cheap tune to gt me a load voice?

Thx