GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Chicagoland Chat Thread: Now with 150% More Daily Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
John if you decide against the headlight laminx I might buy that off you. Still searching for pics of CSG with blue laminx.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
John if you decide against the headlight laminx I might buy that off you. Still searching for pics of CSG with blue laminx.

oh cool, sounds good - I will do some thinking on it and see how much it sells for by itself and figure it out. I bought it all as a kit, so I'd have to check how much they are selling just the headlights for. I def want the fogs done, just not 100% on the headlights yet.

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
I might just have to get a friend or something to photoshop a picture of it. I know I want some kinda protection on there.

I'm looking at those blue mirrors right now, but I really should use my little 'fun' money left to finish off the detailing supplies and start doing that on the side. So many choices!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
haha, order em from Parts 4 Euro or ECS. I think P4E is slightly cheaper.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
haha, what you mean??

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
I think he means spend money.

michal

Go Kart Champion
I'm just kidding but I'm not sure about the look of the headlights with blue lamin x. Fogs, maybe. John, you already bought it anyway so you can always remove it. Here are some more pics and a link.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2205499

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I think he means spend money.

yeah, he's kinda like the euro polish dad I never had.... :lol:

I'm just kidding but I'm not sure about the look of the headlights with blue lamin x. Fogs, maybe. John, you already bought it anyway so you can always remove it. Here are some more pics and a link.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2205499

I will def do and like the fogs! LOL.. had em on my STI and loved it. Headlights.. well, once you put em on, if you remove em they are no longer reusable or anything, but that was my plan basically - see how they look and remove em if i dont like em, or sell them.

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
yeah, he's kinda like the euro polish dad I never had....

Ha I have like 5 of those. All my friends or Polish.

I think the blue will look better on the UG than something darker like mine. Give it a shot. You never know.

How dark you going on the Mazda? 35%?

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
If his wife is as cautious as John I would say 75%

They may actually come out lighter than when they went in! Haha

I love my 20% just kinda wish I went darker.....I did the same thing on the last car

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Ha I have like 5 of those. All my friends or Polish.

I think the blue will look better on the UG than something darker like mine. Give it a shot. You never know.

How dark you going on the Mazda? 35%?

I know a lot of polish peeps too, mostly from the Subie community.

OK, cool - Ill have him put them on and if i dont like em, ill just tear em off.

If his wife is as cautious as John I would say 75%:lol:

:bellyroll: hey, when you've spent/wasted as much money as I have on car mods, I try to do it right the first time whenever possible!!! :lol::D

They may actually come out lighter than when they went in! Haha

I love my 20% just kinda wish I went darker.....I did the same thing on the last car

20 is pretty dark, imho. I've done 20 on my STI rear of the hatch, but left the fronts stock. In my GTI, I have 35% rear doors/hatch and 50% up front. We will probably do the same for my wife - she doesn't want it too dark up front, but does want it pretty dark in the back. We may ask him if he has 30% for the back.

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
Yeah it gets pretty hard to see at night sometimes when trying to back up. I wouldn't wanna deal with that in my car if I had kids.

35 all around might look pretty good. It would look clean and still be able to see. Most shops should have a 32% film. I can't remember if they use that as 30% or 35%. Everyone is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.