GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Punk Rock thread....

jmlivid

Go Kart Champion
What are you listening to? Been to any great shows? Talk about it here....

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Spazz
Supression
Asshole Parade

$5... 1996.. best thrash/"powerviolence" show I ever saw, and best show period for $5.

Listening - to punk/thrash/metal lately, The Promise - more of a hardcore /tough guy band, a la new version of SOIA.

xxmagnusxx

Ready to race!
What's new out there? I've been listening to a lot of old school stuff...Iggy, Misfits, DRI, The Cramps, etc.

joeeee

Ready to race!
Spazz
Supression
Asshole Parade

$5... 1996.. best thrash/"powerviolence" show I ever saw, and best show period for $5.

Listening - to punk/thrash/metal lately, The Promise - more of a hardcore /tough guy band, a la new version of SOIA.

remind me a bit of Throwdown, which just got me listening to Terror again. ahahah

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
What's new out there? I've been listening to a lot of old school stuff...Iggy, Misfits, DRI, The Cramps, etc.

I got to play with DRI! :D

remind me a bit of Throwdown, which just got me listening to Terror again. ahahah

they were awesome. Never got huge into Terror tho.. too much for me, lol. lots of friends were way into them tho.

balius

Go Kart Champion
Anyone listen to Bayonet? Side project of Buddy's from Senses Fail. One of the few punk bands I listen to.

joeeee

Ready to race!
they were awesome. Never got huge into Terror tho.. too much for me, lol. lots of friends were way into them tho.

yea me neither, something i would listen to but not on a regular basis like comeback kid (original lineup) and have heart and some glassjaw, even though they werent exactly punk/hardcore...

Last edited:

McQueen77

Banned

there isn't any new 'punk rock'. the format was exhausted decades ago and the movement was over around 1989 or 90.. anyone claiming to be a punk band now is essentially a cover band.

that being said i used to listen to a LOT of the following:

RKL, Govt. Issue, Misfits, Stooges, Bad Religion (suffer is possibly one of my favorite records of all time), TSOL, and of course, Black Flag. What I loved the most about those old records was the artwork. I'm talking vinyl: 7"s, etc. and the posters and fliers as well.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Refused is coming to Philly in a week or so...with a bunch of scenester metalcore bands :( so the tickets are like $30-40 (though most places sold out) and bought by a bunch of 12 year olds. They'll have no idea what they're seeing.

McQueen77

Banned
Refused is coming to Philly in a week or so...with a bunch of scenester metalcore bands :( so the tickets are like $30-40 (though most places sold out) and bought by a bunch of 12 year olds. They'll have no idea what they're seeing.

jesus, how did i forget them? yeah, shape of punk to come is one of the greatest. and if anyone wants to see a totally awesome and totally depressing documentary, search 'refused is fucking dead' on YT

balius

Go Kart Champion
OHIO IS FOR LOVERS!!!! lmao, i can't believe i was into that band for a while lol

Lol pretty sure that was Hawthorne Heights man. Senses Fail was/is much better

joeeee

Ready to race!
Lol pretty sure that was Hawthorne Heights man. Senses Fail was/is much better

ah yea, same thing lol.

i listened to both for a while back in high school. i was :w00t:

and if were counting them in this, then im just going to throw this band out there..

saves the day.

McQueen77

Banned
hawthorne heights being mentioned in a 'punk rock' thread.. wow