GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Tattoo Thread

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion
Ah, that makes sense. I should've thought about that. Though, if it fits (I don't know much about the Japanese stuff), I think it would look pretty good with some red accents in the shading.

With Japanese artwork, the background is supposed to really be the contrast by using blacks and greys etc. The thing that my artist mentioned is that over time when you have tattoos with some black (outlining included) instead of just color it will hold up better over time

ColesMk6

Ready to race!
Looks good. Any time frame on when you are going to finish it??

hopefully by the summer im spending all my money on my car lately ;)

bburns36

Ready to race!
I just did up a small MK3 check engine light/lightning bolt on my left calf. Should post pics later. About a week old, so looking its crappiest right now.

bburns36

Ready to race!

Now to wait a bit and finish the shading... thought it best to split that up a bit because my skin is sorta touchy. Huge bruise is from walking into the tongue of a trailer, totally brilliant move on my part. Felt great! :clap:

GTI84SD

Ready to race!

Now to wait a bit and finish the shading... thought it best to split that up a bit because my skin is sorta touchy. Huge bruise is from walking into the tongue of a trailer, totally brilliant move on my part. Felt great! :clap:

Lol, that's awesome. Did you hit the hitch before or after your session?

I was working in a warehouse a week after I got my whole leg done and a guy operating a fork lift caught my foot under his tire and scraped my leg against the fresh tattoo. That was fun. Really glad I had my steel toes on.

bburns36

Ready to race!
Lol, that's awesome. Did you hit the hitch before or after your session?

Ha thanks. I clobbered the hitch about 6 hours post-inking. Much swear, so pain, but no real damage thankfully.

Yeah, sounds like your boots saved your toes from taking the brunt of that mishap. :eek: Any damage besides some pain?

GTI84SD

Ready to race!
Ha thanks. I clobbered the hitch about 6 hours post-inking. Much swear, so pain, but no real damage thankfully.

Yeah, sounds like your boots saved your toes from taking the brunt of that mishap. :eek: Any damage besides some pain?

Not too much. Denim kind of scraped against the red coloring, but I had to get the red redone anyways since most of it didn't stay. Seems to be a problem with red inks. All of my black and grey work is flawless still, but any red is just faded as hell.

bburns36

Ready to race!
Well, at least it wasn't too bad. Hope it was a lesson to the coworker to watch where the hell his wheels are going. That's scary!

And yeah, my red is much lighter than it was a couple weeks ago, fresh. Actually that was the only thing that "bled out" the first night consistently, I have a nice set of white flannel sheets here with a mirror image imprint of the red outline. :D Only a couple speckles of orange and no black, nor any blood.

What would you suggest, going over the red again or lightly shading the whole thing in solid orange?... just curious. I'm on the fence myself, leaning towards solid orange.

GTI84SD

Ready to race!
Orange would be cool, especially with the piece you have. I've got roses along my leg, so I went with a really intense red. I'm going to have it touched up once my back is done and we are going to add some white highlights I think to make the red pop a bit more.

bburns36

Ready to race!
Oh, no doubt the white highlights will help the red look more vibrant. Good plan. :thumbsup:

I guess orange makes the most sense versus trying to redo the red. Stay tuned...

GTI84SD

Ready to race!
BUMP cause I'm going in for another 6 hours tomorrow. The epic back piece continues. Hoping to finish, or at least get it to one additional session, the big stuff. Then just have a few more detail type sessions. Not looking forward to all of the work being mainly on the lower spine and kidneys.

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion
Just finished up my 2 pieces yesterday. Thinking about how I want to do a sleeve but that won't be for months at the earliest. Finished up everything in about 4 hours.

(Pics were right when we finished each so they are a little shiny)

Side/Ribs:

Chest:

Jaxper

Go Kart Champion
What is this madness? Jade actually posting images of his work in a reasonable time frame? Who are you what did you do with Jade? :laugh:

You already know that I love them, but they look fantastic dude. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion
What is this madness? Jade actually posting images of his work in a reasonable time frame? Who are you what did you do with Jade? :laugh:

You already know that I love them, but they look fantastic dude. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Haha I don't know what happened. Must have been aliens that posted it.

Thanks man. Definitely worth every penny for sure.