GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

oil catch can.............

jp0319

Go Kart Champion
there is no "average" it depends on weather, driving style, etc. I just check the level window on my Forge every week when I detail my car. If I see crud in the window I empty it if not I dont.

JP

fatty@golfmk6.com

Go Kart Champion
i empty mine weekly. I have the bsh competition catch can and attached a quick drain kit to it. Once you start emptying the catch can you're gonna notice that you collect oil and water. weekly draining keeps out water and any oil that might evaporate back into the system

Chainspike

Ready to race!
In the winter you should empty it a lot more. The water in the can can freeze and cause positive crank case pressure (something you diffently dont want). I empty it every week in the winter since it is very easy to do. Never seen it frozen though.. Think its from the gas and oil mixed in that increases the freeze point.

Every so often you should remove the can completely and blast it out with degreaser and get all the gunk out of it.

Chainspike

Ready to race!
Did you buy yours at a shop in the valley?

I wish you .... ohh I wish... I lived in Phoenix most my life and would die to go back. Freaking prisitine roads and 24/7 sun shine and rust free cars after 10 years. You want to trade lifes? You can come to Jersey with its 10 million police, 10 foot pot holes, freaking snow and shitty salt (that tears cars up), and miserable weather 80 percent of the time... Not to mention I freeze my ass off in the winter :mad0259: . And I got some ugly freaking front plate that suppose to be showing.

NJ = Shi*hole

jackgti1

Go Kart Champion
I wish you .... ohh I wish... I lived in Phoenix most my life and would die to go back. Freaking prisitine roads and 24/7 sun shine. You want to trade lifes? You can come to Jersey with its 10 million police, 10 foot pot holes, freaking snow, and miserable weather 80 percent of the time... Not to mention I freeze my ass off in the winter :mad0259: . And I got some ugly freaking front plate that suppose to be showing.

ahaha I love seeing fellow Phoenicians here!

but yes it's true..we have some very nice roads in northern phoenix/scottsdale, and lots of go zoom zoom opportunity..don't often hear people saying they want to go back to the flaming arizona though :D

some desert action for you:

Oh and don't forget the saguaros! :)

Last edited:

djmslash

Ready to race!
In the winter you should empty it a lot more. The water in the can can freeze and cause positive crank case pressure (something you diffently dont want). I empty it every week in the winter since it is very easy to do. Never seen it frozen though.. Think its from the gas and oil mixed in that increases the freeze point.

Every so often you should remove the can completely and blast it out with degreaser and get all the gunk out of it.
Last two times i empty, i took it completely out of my car empty it and cleaned it with hot water. This last time i empty it out after 1500miles and there was a lot more water in it this time, but thanks for the info people.......................

Chainspike

Ready to race!
Last two times i empty, i took it completely out of my car empty it and cleaned it with hot water. This last time i empty it out after 1500miles and there was a lot more water in it this time, but thanks for the info people.......................

My friend even puts a little bit of anti-freeze in the can in the winter. Not a shabby idea if you think about it. Now only if he applied that ingenuity into something to make us rich.