GOLFMKV

Oil Pressure: Engine Speed Max 4000RPM

4D17HY4

Ready to race!
Interesting repeat of occurrences

Sieran

Ready to race!
Dealer called few minutes ago...

They told me they found the cable to the throttle body unclipped and partially unplugged.

They plugged it back in and went for a few "aggressive" test drives to check to make sure the cable stayed seated. Error is gone also.

I'll see when i get it back. :thumbup:

4D17HY4

Ready to race!
GOod to hear, but "aggressive test drives"? lol

Sieran

Ready to race!
GOod to hear, but "aggressive test drives"? lol

Probably just taking it around the backsides of the dealership and punching it hard onto the service road.

As long as they don't smash it. :D

He think's it was becoming loose enough during acceleration to cause the problem so i am guessing they are just going to gun it a few times to make sure it stays connected.

Makes sense to me because it happened right after passing a car...

Sieran

Ready to race!
They said they found "several loose wires" on the plugs in the images below. I thought he meant the plugs themselves were loose. The actual pins were pulled out of the plugs and had to be reseated.

Anyone else having this issue maybe check these?

ColdBrew

I just had this problem this morning while pulling in to my garage. I thought maybe it was because I came down my drive way (steep hill) and it pull the oil away from the pickup. But I enter my garage the same way every day and this is the first time. Mine has around 1100 miles on it.

scooby103

Passed Driver's Ed
I just had this problem this morning while pulling in to my garage. I thought maybe it was because I came down my drive way (steep hill) and it pull the oil away from the pickup. But I enter my garage the same way every day and this is the first time. Mine has around 1100 miles on it.

Did you guys check your oil levels? I'm thinking 90% of these alarms are caused by low oil (not enough to flash light) but low enough that when on either a steep incline or hard turning would cause the pickup to run dry for 1/2 a second.

Sieran

Ready to race!
Did you guys check your oil levels? I'm thinking 90% of these alarms are caused by low oil (not enough to flash light) but low enough that when on either a steep incline or hard turning would cause the pickup to run dry for 1/2 a second.

Yep, oil level was filled perfectly to the full mark.

NEXSTAR7

Passed Driver's Ed
it happened to me. i checked the oil level and it was a 3/4 short @ 8,500 miles. the book does say that you might go throught a quart of oil in your first 10,000 miles. so i did an oil change. im not doing the 10,000 deal, that bs. im going 3 to 5,ooo from now on.

Jacris

Ready to race!
Also saw this message within the first 1500miles. It cleared and has never come back. Did my own first oil change at 3500miles and filled to the high mark. Just shy of 5qts.

realcyberbob

Go Kart Champion
I have also had this issue 3 times within the first 2000 miles. Took it to the dealer and after a day of testing they couldn't find anything.

DougDome

Go Kart Champion
Hey everyone~

This warning just came up while driving home...not sure what it really means... has this warning come up for any of you guys? Theres a warning light as well just above the digital display on the dash when it first happens.

Thanks! I attached a picture as well ... the light goes away, but the warning data is stored in the dash now.

The same exact thing happened to me at 800 miles. I shut off the engine, checked the fluids, noticed that they were fine, and restarted the engine and the alert was gone. I've gone maybe 300 more miles since then and no alert.