GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OPD Konzept R LED Tail Lights - Cherry Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
I purchased oem dark cherry tails with fog. When they come, what is coding them and euro switches?

Coding is where you use VCDS software and data cable to modify some settings in the car.
Euro switch is the head light switch VW installs in their European cars.

spagett!

Go Kart Champion
Since I appear to be the one who's had these in the longest I'll chime in about how they've been so far these first couple months.

Here's a list of problems that I've experienced.

-None.

Yep. They've been great, held up to the harsh weather fine, and with a few small adjustment tweaks along the way, they fit well too. Highly recommended.

Once I get my summer shoe setup back on I'll take some proper photos to add to the thread as well.

spagett!

Go Kart Champion
Lights are back in stock and ready to ship...

PuYang

Ready to race!
Sorry, super noob question. This comes with Harnesses, so... why does it still need coding? I thought the point of the harnesses/resistors was to get rid of any bulb out errors etc?

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Sorry, super noob question. This comes with Harnesses, so... why does it still need coding? I thought the point of the harnesses/resistors was to get rid of any bulb out errors etc?

Harnesses and the resistor blocks (with the depo lights) are different things.
The harness just provides a way for the cars connector to plug into the lights which has a different connector. Essentially just an adapter.
Depo lights don't need the harness because the light connectors are compatible with the cars connector. They have an extra plug connector to where you plug the resistor load blocks into the lights which provides an overall higher resistance seen by the car and it doesn't think there is a bulb out.

Other lights with just the harness does not change the resistance that way and therefore the car sees the LEDs lower resistance and thinks there is a bulb gone out. You code the car to make it expect to see the LEDs low resistance and therefore it doesn't report a bulb out error.

Status
Not open for further replies.