GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ordered My GTI

krische

vdubber in training
Maybe, but according to my dealer, they arrive first in Texas.

Hmm, maybe the ships go to Houston then. It's quite possible since it is the busiest port in the US.

kurtje

Passed Driver's Ed
Idd all VI GTI's are produced in Wolfsburg Germany...

Normally mine is produced last week, and within 2 weeks I'll get it :D

VI GTI, 5 doors, Carbon Steel Grey, Manual transmission, RCD510 and 18" Wheels...

krische

vdubber in training
Yeah I was playing with the UK website and saw the Carbon Steel Grey color option. I'm curious to see how that looks in real life. You wanna take a picture of yours once you get it?

kurtje

Passed Driver's Ed
yeah no problem at all... as soon as I have mine, I'll put some pics on the net...

example Carbon Steel grey:

krische

vdubber in training
Hot Damn!

I like that a lot! It seems like the perfect level between Black Magic and United Grey.

I wonder how much dust it'll show. That was a big complaint with Black Magic (well any black car really) is that it gets dirty really quick.

Alex.

Ready to race!
Carbon Steel wont be available in America right? I find that United Grey looks really nice in the show rooms, but when ever I see one on the road it looks rather dull, and a bit green-ish.

The Carbon Steel is coming to the US. The first cars to arrive at US dealers will be VWoA spec'ed like the MK V was and I believe they're all Carbon Steel. 2 Door, stick, HID, sunroofs, Dynaudio I believe (check with Turbo Paul on vwvortex.com ask a salesperson thread). 4 doors are all going to be DSG loaded up except for Nav. Due date for them to hit is October. Each stealership will get 1-2 of each according to what I've read. Allocation units (the ones the dealers can custom order) will arrive in November. VW's biggest intake ports on the East Coast are Baltimore and Newark, NJ I believe. Don't know 'bout Houston or anything out on the left coast. All MK VI GTI's (and Golfs for that matter - including the 2.5L and TDI for here in the US) will be manufactured in Germany. The 4 doors at Wolfsburg, the 2 doors at Mosel-Zwickau. Jetta's continue in Puebla, Mexico. Not sure about the JSW (a.k.a. Golf variant in the rest of the world). Can't wait for my MK VI GTI to get here in November.

kurtje

Passed Driver's Ed
The Carbon Steel is coming to the US. The first cars to arrive at US dealers will be VWoA spec'ed like the MK V was and I believe they're all Carbon Steel. 2 Door, stick, HID, sunroofs, Dynaudio I believe (check with Turbo Paul on vwvortex.com ask a salesperson thread). 4 doors are all going to be DSG loaded up except for Nav. Due date for them to hit is October. Each stealership will get 1-2 of each according to what I've read. Allocation units (the ones the dealers can custom order) will arrive in November. VW's biggest intake ports on the East Coast are Baltimore and Newark, NJ I believe. Don't know 'bout Houston or anything out on the left coast. All MK VI GTI's (and Golfs for that matter - including the 2.5L and TDI for here in the US) will be manufactured in Germany. The 4 doors at Wolfsburg, the 2 doors at Mosel-Zwickau. Jetta's continue in Puebla, Mexico. Not sure about the JSW (a.k.a. Golf variant in the rest of the world). Can't wait for my MK VI GTI to get here in November.

Friend of mine got his 3 door VI GTI already, and his one is build in Wolfsburg?

Golfgti5

Ready to race!
Hello Alex,

congrets with your ordered GTi!!

Hello Kurtje, nice to see you everywhere (Autoweek, vwforum, Autoforum.be and here).

Attachments

• IMG_4997.jpg
    IMG_4997.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 185
  • IMG_5017.jpg
    IMG_5017.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_5016.jpg
    IMG_5016.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_4992.jpg
    IMG_4992.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 234

kurtje

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello Alex,

congrets with your ordered GTi!!

Hello Kurtje, nice to see you everywhere (Autoweek, vwforum, Autoforum.be and here).

yes nice to see you over here also!!!
Very nice GTI you have there :D

2 a 3 weeks before i get mine...

Friend of mine got his 3 door VI GTI already, and his one is build in Wolfsburg?

Could be - I'm just going off info posted on vwvortex for U.S. bound Golfs. Personally, I could care less - Mosel or Wolfsburg, as long as they screw the damn thing together well! ;)