GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

P0101 CEL HELP!!!

GTIfanatic

Ready to race!
For the past 5k miles I've been fighting to find the cause of very random and inconsistent CEL P0101 (implausible MAF). The car has no symptoms of anything being actually wrong and I don't notice any difference from when the code randomly comes on to when I clear it. I can't replicate the condition that's causing the code to be thrown and it really seems to me to come on completely at random. Sometimes it will come on within the first 30 seconds of a cold start other times I can be driving around town all day and it will come on at a complete random times or I can go days or weeks without the code at all and then it re-appears out of the blue sky. Which obviously makes it just that much harder to diagnose what's actually causing the code to be thrown in the first place.

1. I started with the obvious things like cleaning the MAF sensor. Cleared the code and it would come back on at random within another 100 miles or so.

2. Then I tried a new air filter. Again cleared the code and came back on within another 100 miles.

3. Replaced MAF sensor with new oem one and checked all connections on my intake to make absolute sure there are now loose fittings or leaks of any kind. Repeat...

4. Replaced PCV just to be sure one of the diaphrams wasn't sticking or it that it didn't have a small leak that I couldn't see. Repeat..

5. Checked for leaks in the system but it turns out that I'm boosting to perfect levels at WOT and holding a perfect vacuum at idle. I've done the test with multiple gauges to confirm this. Repeat...

Anyone have any suggestions? This is really starting to get on my nerves!

Thanks in advance!

blingdub

Go Kart Newbie
Hook up a multimeter and check that the voltage going to the sensor is correct.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ShadowBlueGTI1

Passed Driver's Ed
I would check the pins on the MAF connector. I had one that was making a bad connection on a 1994 Jetta.