GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Paint rear diffuser?

Delta0Medusa

Ready to race!
I'm thinking about getting my rear diffuser painted a black gloss by a professional or doing it myself. The stock color is that bland grey and I want to change it, have it stand out more without having to shed quite a lot of money on a OEM one. Any thoughts?

____
2011 Black GTI

midnight11

Ready to race!
I just did mine last week, came out pretty well, only thing is you won't be able to get it really glossy doing it your self. But all in all I'm happy with the out come of it

midnight11

Ready to race!
Yea, I primed it, then used kylon gloss black 3 coats, then 3 coats of kylon gloss clear. I means it's a lot better looking then stock but it isn't as glossy as if you had a body shop spray it.

JDM713

Go Kart Champion
Yea, I primed it, then used kylon gloss black 3 coats, then 3 coats of kylon gloss clear. I means it's a lot better looking then stock but it isn't as glossy as if you had a body shop spray it.

you didn't sand it before priming? that's why it's not coming out as nice as it could.

midnight11

Ready to race!
you didn't sand it before priming? that's why it's not coming out as nice as it could.

No i didn't want to change messing it up then being stuck with a diffuser I cant use. Like I said ^ it looks good just not super glossy

JDM713

Go Kart Champion
No i didn't want to change messing it up then being stuck with a diffuser I cant use. Like I said ^ it looks good just not super glossy

sanding it won't mess it up unless you were using really rough grit, I meant like 300+ grit (very fine) just fyi should be done before priming, and definitely won't hurt the part

JohnnieCroat

Ready to race!
Yea, I like the OSIR CF in the attached thread, I might CF wrap it myself, but it has a lot of curves. I can get 3M CF wrap real cheap from a wholesaler I deal with.