GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PedalBox Review.

93serprise

Ready to race!
Taking pics now!

93serprise

Ready to race!

Ok guys...basically, the odb2 splitter is a very flexible cable with 1 male and 2 female connectors. It looks like a narrow floppy cable for a pc. The male goes into the odb2 port under dash, then my scanner and d1 spec controller plug into the females. All the wiring is tucked behind the kick panel. I can't see any wires at all unless I get under the dash. Hope these help :) you can't see the wiring for the gas pedal either of course. It's tucked behind the carpet.

93serprise

Ready to race!
I promise that you will absolutely love how the car feels with the controller. I drive daily with my setting at the highest which is 9.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Haha, I actually dont use the OBDII port so I dont mind using it up. I remember someone mentioning that their Sprintbooster malfunctioned a few times, I am sure you can find it on here.

There is no problems with the sprint booster. It is by far the cleanest and easiest solution. You don't even have to have any wires with it. But you have the option of one wire to one simple button controller to change the settings on the fly if you wanted. I just run it out from behind the pedal cover and under the center console plastic with the button peaking out by the seat. No other wires or use of the OBDII port. Or even evidence it is installed. It works simple and performs without any issue.
I wouldn't want any of the other ones if money wasn't a factor. But then again I would not pay the full price for any. Got the SB for $150 second hand - you need to make sure with these you get the specific one of required for manual or automatic.
The SB doesn't have the fine tuning range of adjustments and dials to change them - but maybe sometimes you want some just simpler. If I couldn't get a cheap SB I would definitely get the D1 or whatever best one (Pedalbox) at a price I would pay.
I couldn't imagine not having it in the car - although I leave it stock mostly now since the DSG tune and since my tire thread is very low.
These are definitely a significant and rewarding mod for the car.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418234765.733586.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418234774.370478.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418190709.189545.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418190709.189545.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 239
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418190721.675165.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418190721.675165.jpg
    327.3 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
There is no problems with the sprint booster. It is by far the cleanest and easiest solution. You don't even have to have any wires with it. But you have the option of one wire to one simple button controller to change the settings on the fly if you wanted. I just run it out from behind the pedal cover and under the center console plastic with the button peaking out by the seat. No other wires or use of the OBDII port. Or even evidence it is installed. It works simple and performs without any issue.
I wouldn't want any of the other ones if money wasn't a factor. But then again I would not pay the full price for any. Got the SB for $150 second hand - you need to make sure with these you get the specific one of required for manual or automatic.
The SB doesn't have the fine tuning range of adjustments and dials to change them - but maybe sometimes you want some just simpler. If I couldn't get a cheap SB I would definitely get the D1 or whatever best one (Pedalbox) at a price I would pay.
I couldn't imagine not having it in the car - although I leave it stock mostly now since the DSG tune and since my tire thread is very low.
View attachment 45140
View attachment 45141
\

Thanks for clearing that up. I probably would buy this in a heartbeat if I had the DSG. Main reason why I got the Manual is because of the throttle problem in the Auto (and I love manual). Anyone have a review on these throttle response product on a manual GTI?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
The Sprintbooster site only shows MK5 GTI I think. It must be the same unit for the MK6?

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
No need to pay big money for one. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3-Dr...r-VW-Golf4-5-6-Jetta-Bora-Polo/830309808.html
loads of different types. http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale...Text=throttle+controller&productId=1377988897
The one i have fitted to mine is an SP11 because in the finest spinal tap voice 'it goes to eleven' :laugh:

NICE FIND DUDE!!

I'd risk spending less than 1/2 price of a new one just to try it. Even though I heard rumors of warranty issues, and the China ones are probably made even cheaper and less reliable.

STING

Ready to race!
NICE FIND DUDE!!

I'd risk spending less than 1/2 price of a new one just to try it. Even though I heard rumors of warranty issues, and the China ones are probably made even cheaper and less reliable.
The one I have looks like it was made from recycled polystyrene mate but it works 100%. I've had it for about 6 months now. I just hid it in my coin cubby.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
The one I have looks like it was made from recycled polystyrene mate but it works 100%. I've had it for about 6 months now. I just hid it in my coin cubby.

oh you actually bought it??

The picture is very misleading. The top pic shows 1 nice simple module to go in the pedal. But the detailed pics below show 2 boxes and another harness.

do you have pics of this unit

Last edited:

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
The Sprintbooster site only shows MK5 GTI I think. It must be the same unit for the MK6?

Same one works for the mk6. No different. Just need to make sure you get the auto version for DSG. The manual one is apparently a bit too sensitive for an auto car. You can still use the manual version anyway, just a different experience.
Scour some different forum classifieds and you may find one for sale. It's what I did. And it does not need to be for the GTI. Works for all VWs - so you can broaden the search.
Part number for auto version is SBVW0012S

Last edited:

Do you have the link for the specific one that you got? I wouldn't trust these postings as they just reuse the same picture for different products. I've dealt with sellers on aliexpress before and the process is not pleasant.