GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

People with aftermarket intakes...

Stasis1

Passed Driver's Ed
What do you have, and how do you like it? In terms of sound, quality, and possible butt dyno (or real dyno) performance boost?

Simply put, I currently have a MK5 GTI with the Forge spacer (full vent) and Neuspeed P-Flo. I'm getting my MK6 this Summer, and want to be able to hear the turbo as much as possible without putting in the spacer. That being said, I won't sacrifice quality for sound. I want both, if possible. Is EvoMS the way to go?

scbastv

Ready to race!
I have the evoms and i :wub: it!!!

Great sound imo and you def get the "bov" type sound, also, i can def feel a throttle response difference...

Looks great imo and i reccommend it!

itzalexbish

Ready to race!
hey scbastv do you have just the stage1 evoms or the full stage 2? i want to purchase it for my mkvi..but im thinking twice about it. my friend was telling me TSI motors work well with the stock box.

Cannon03

Ready to race!
Our MK6 Intake system put down over 18 hp to the wheels on average between 6 runs without the intake and 6 runs with the intake.
That would be pretty impressive. Any dyno sheets to back that up?

and was the test car flashed with stage 1/2?
doubt it was flashed...stage one w/o supporting mods shows and increase of over 40 bhp (~34 whp) according to the dyno on their website.

http://goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_20tsi_trans.html

scbastv

Ready to race!
hey scbastv do you have just the stage1 evoms or the full stage 2? i want to purchase it for my mkvi..but im thinking twice about it. my friend was telling me TSI motors work well with the stock box.

I just have the stage 1 as two was not available yet...

Personally, i like it and i will get stg 2 when i can...

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
NO way your intake puts down 18hp 10% increase with intake.... HAHA

You're 100% correct. I was mistaken. It was 18.28 ft-lbs of torque and 23.84 HP.

This is the result of 6 runs averages without the intake and then 6 runs averaged with the intake.

Arin, is that across the rev-band, and was the test car flashed with stage 1/2?

APR Stage I. This is with the new file too. Besides from boost onset, from 2000 to 4000 it was very similar. From 4000 to redline power separates greatly. It's a steady increase from 5 to 20+ hp from that point on.

With stock software, there was a 15hp difference by redline with the intake, however this is close to redline, which may be the throttle closing for the stock soft rev limiter. A few hundred RPM back it's around 7-8hp difference.

Last edited:

mk6 gti

Ready to race!
Makes sense...I have the intake on my stock GTI and you can DEFINITELY feel the extra power at the top of the rev range!

Carbon Blir

Ready to race!
your own graphs dont prove that. hp is 16 at the crank perYOUR dyno graph and that is with a stage 2....
Your air flow graph show no(slight) differnace in air flow from stock to your intake, on a stock car.

donjuandl

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, anyone have sound clips of the evoms, Carbonio and BSH intakes? This would really help me to chose the right one!

thanks

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Your air flow graph show no(slight) differnace in air flow from stock to your intake, on a stock car.

I do not believe you are reading the data correctly. This is a huge difference.