GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance brake pads for 2011 GTI ???

James9449

Ready to race!
Can anyone out there tell me whether there are performance brake pads - front and rear -- for the 2011 model ? Something tells me the pads are not the same as those for the 2010 GTI. I'm wanting to upgrade the pads only, not the rotors. My intent is for something like EBC ceramics or Hawk ceramics. Suggestions ? Availability ? Who, if anyone, has performance pads for the 2011 MK6 ?

A

Alex/AWE

Hawk HPS pads are a great performance oriented street pad and what we normally recommend.

If you're interested in the Ceramics, we can get them for you as well.

PM me your email address and I can have one of our Sales Reps contact you with a quote.

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
Nothing has changed. 2010 pads will work.

Hawk pads definitely.

I think this may be wrong, only because when I ordered my brake lines, i had to check my rears to see if they were Bosch, which they are and is new for 2011. :cool:

koolgreen

Ready to race!
I have noticed that these rotors are not super smooth.
I understand that there is a chance that a film of rust could form, but the rotors have micro tears on the surface.
Have never had that on a car.
Has anyone else seen this problem on this car?
I wonder if the dealer would agree it is not normal.
Or just say that it is..............

v8282w

Ready to race!
I noticed this also but I assumed it was from the stability control system dragging the the brakes. Just my guess.

david9962000

Drag Race Newbie
I have had great experience with Hawk HPS and they have a higher temperature resistance than the Hawk Ceramic.

Jeff43

Ready to race!

Jeff43

Ready to race!
How much are the Stoptech and do they come with the appropriate sensor?

I got them from rockauto.com and they were $114 shipped (arrived to NJ from WI in less than 24 hours)...

Had to get up to go open the box, but yes the sensor for the front is in there.. ;)

I bought them because I have my first track day scheduled for May 6th and wanted something that would hold up better than OEMs i've been reading about...so I will post 2 reviews on them over about the next month...one after the initial install next week, then one in May after my track day with them at Pocono.

Last edited:

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I've done my research as well and called Hawk, EBC and Stoptech.
The customer service department at Stoptech explained why their pads were possibly better than Hawk.

They said they tested vs. their competitors and found that their Stoptech Street Performance compounds had better all weather performance (cold and wet), didn't need a warm-up phase, had a higher fade rating and were direct OEM spec replacements.

I'll be going with the same pads as Jeff.
Front 30911070
Rear 30911080

May paint the red calipers a bright silver too while I'm at it.

zeonic

mmm.... beer
EBC yellow stuff, will set u back $200 for a full set. So far I have nothing but good thing to say about them, will most likely be buying them once the oem pads are done.

scbastv

Ready to race!
i have a 2010 that i just put on EBC redstuff pads and EBC slotted rotors...LOUD!

im hopin its because i just had them put on like 2 days ago and the squeak when stopping will eventually go away!!!