GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

photo blocker

alvin24

Ready to race!
Have you guys heard of the photo blocker that blocks your plate number when crossing the red light? And do they work?

daihard

Ready to race!
Question is, does it work at any time of day (how the reflection hits the plate)

Another question is, is it legal to use things like that where you live?

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
If you get the plate cover type they work, yes. They are basically like polarized sunglass lenses.

You ever use polarized lenses? Know how if you look at something back-lit one way you can see fine, but if you tilt your head you can't see see it?

The camera blockers work the same way; if you look at the plate from behind the car you can see it fine, but from overhead or from the side the plate is shaded out and unreadable.

Now; to the other post above; these types of plate covers are illegal almost everywhere so use at your own risk...

The better defense against red-light cameras is to simply not run red lights, yes? :rolleyes:

Kg810

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry to burst your guys' bubble here, but no, you cannot block your plates from the camera. No matter the material, spray, speed or combinations of the 3. Check out Mythbusters on Youtube and type in license plate or search on google/yahoo.

They tried the most common "solutions" that people keep telling others that it blocks your plate. So check that out.

Bender1

Banned
Sorry to burst your guys' bubble here, but no, you cannot block your plates from the camera. No matter the material, spray, speed or combinations of the 3. Check out Mythbusters on Youtube and type in license plate or search on google/yahoo.

They tried the most common "solutions" that people keep telling others that it blocks your plate. So check that out.
:word:

Mythbusters basically tried everything and NONE of them worked.

Q822

Ready to race!
yes but NO ..because the speedflip allow you to fight against all the photo radar not only the red light...I will probably put stickers behind...don't know yet something like :
- Try Again
- Not this time
- If you can read this you're too close or a police officer
- YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!
any idea?

Q822

Ready to race!
I'm agree about that...the road is not a track

The only thing that pis.. me off is the fact that they put those f%#@#$ photo radar on the highway...instead of put them where it could save life (where the speed limit is 30 or 50)..On the highway the only thing they want is : MORE MONEY...they will not have mine... lol :) (hey it's a good stickers idea : U will not have my $ ) lol