GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Polar FIS+ Advanced Product Install and Information

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
Polar FIS+ Advanced Product Install and Information
I learned of this through another thread in this section, and knew I had to try it out. I have wanted something like this since the P3cars gauge, but I wanted something cleaner and more OEM.

Purchased at:
http://www.movitelonline.com/b2c/2/1

About the Company
This is a mobile phone cellular type company in Spain. Yes, this product was shipped to me from Spain to California in 3 working days. They were upset at the time it took, and said it should normally get here in 48 hours at most.

Website Product Page
http://www.movitelonline.com/b2c/productos/1/2/VOLKSWAGEN-DIAG-TOOLS/soluciones-volkswagen/0
(Note this is not the manufacturers website, this is where I bought it.)

Actual Manufacturer Website
http://www.auto-polar.com/

Price
It is $205 Euro, which is $260-$270 in USA dollars. You do also have to add shipping, which isn't cheap for 48 hour service. (They claim 24 hour service but I'm giving them some room.) Still, price that to a fully loaded similar gauge which can run $400-$425, and it doesn't seem like a bad deal at all.

10% Off and Paypal Fee's Discount Deal
I have a special intro discount deal arranged which I already passed through the moderators for approval. I am not selling anything, I am just passing on information. They are very stringent on discounts for this product, much like other gauge vendors. They have agreed to a 10% discount off the product. You would write in your order notes: "golfmk6 plac's review 10% discount". They will then edit your order and apply the 10% off before you pay. Do beware, credit cards can be tricky to use overseas. Mine were declined many times, and I eventually went with Paypal. Do keep in mind they add 2.5% if you use Paypal for this, so try and get your credit card approved for overseas transactions if you plan to purchase.

Extra Details
This site has the brand new version "black box" which you can't find other places yet. This is the new improved version over the old white box. The "black box" version also has a new improved cable which is higher quality. If you decide to order from someone else, make sure you are getting the black box and not the white one.

Codes
I only have one code I have to work on, I am not sure if it will clear by itself. It is a CAN Gateway code which I tried to clear a few times tonight, it keeps coming back. Everything works 100%, so I will research it for a while.

Last edited:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie

Last edited:

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
The video will tell all. the first time, it was tough, cuz there are barely any English directions, and nothing for our particular car. I spent 2-3 hours this afternoon so everyone here can watch a video and learn how to do it in 20-30 mins. This video is 3GB before encoding, and it will probably be 1.5GB afterwards... Might not even be up tonight.

Gabriel1

Ready to race!
Subscribed

valj

Ready to race!
Subscribed :)

yunone

Ready to race!
i have a prediction.....come this weekend, this company is going to sell 3x their normal weekly volume to US customers..... sub'd!

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
though i'm already contented with my p3 gauge, still subbed on this.

NoSpark

Go Kart Champion
Dubbed

fork stabbed by autocorrect