GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

POLE: How much did your mattress cost?

yo.

• $500 or less / futon / don't care - I sleep on it.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • $501-$1000 Something decent.

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • $1001-$2000 I need something pretty nice, yo.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • $2001-$3000 I gotz to get my Z's deep, son.

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • $3001-$20K Shaq Superman bed/ made from the feathers of doves / baby mink fur

Votes: 6 7.4%

• Total voters

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
The markup on mattresses is insane. Go to a mattress shop and haggle the hell out of them. My mattress was 800ish but started in the 1300 range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't haggling great? It honestly needs to be done though.

honda2vw

Ready to race!
I believe that the store pays around 15% of MSRP on the mattress the rest is profit/commission.

Most mattress stores will accept a return on a mattress for 15% of purchase price and then they destroy them.

My mattress was a little over 2k and its pretty firm and i havent had any issues in 5 years with it.

The_Koof1

Ready to race!
Free.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
From? :lol:

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
was it a hair metal band?

But yeah, I spent about 1200 on my mattress. My back has thanked me every night.

YouTube poison

HeWhoCorrupts - master of profits
That's more thrash

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
After sleeping on a cot inside of a tent in the desert for months any mattress is nice.
I have one of the Beauty Rest firm euro plush pillow top mattresses that I need a step stool to get on. I got a deal on it because the new model was coming out but it was supposed to be $4k. Mattresses have a huge markup.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
$920 for a posterpedic pillow top Sealy, queen size. It is amazing and I love it.

BarryT82

Go Kart Champion
There are some things you don't purchase that are used. I'd never buy a use mattress or underwear. This old man at work told me that he purchased underwear at a Yardsale for $0.10 each.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Top of the line (at the time) Sleep Number. My wife and I have opposite views on what a comfortable mattress is, so the Sleep Number is perfect.