Votes: 11 4.9%
  • I will not vote because nobody deserves my vote

Votes: 22 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
did you buy romney's 47 percent? it's what it sounds like. and again, please be specific, what poorly run social programs?

don't know if intended, but hey you're starting to get on board on education needing reform.

Dude if you aren't aware of the state of social and welfare programs then we shouldn't even be having a conversation on them. If you think they are run well then you are oblivious.

Answer me this, Why am I required to take a drug test for employment from the Federal Government but those receiving Federal Aid aren't required to pass a drug screening. Does that seem like a well run program to you?

And no I'm not getting on education reform, that statement was made to counter the idea that we don't have the best higher education system in the world. Listen dude a lot of your comments have been either not relevant to this conversation or piggy backing off of others in this forum. Its clear to see so I won't be responding to any more of your comments because you don't really demonstrate that you grasp anything aside from the fact that your family struggles so you want government aid so you are voting for Obama. That is what I have gathered from your remarks.

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
Having a few schools which are the best in the world doesn't make our population as a whole more educated. And raising taxes isn't about punishing the greedy rich businessman, its about economic stability. There is almost nothing in the science world that your ROI is greater the more you invest...its the opposite, the law of diminishing returns. The economy should be the same way. Nobody its saying people can't make a lot of money, but it should be more difficult as that number grows.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Having a few schools which are the best in the world doesn't make our population as a whole more educated. And raising taxes isn't about punishing the greedy rich businessman, its about economic stability. There is almost nothing in the science world that your ROI is greater the more you invest...its the opposite, the law of diminishing returns. The economy should be the same way. Nobody its saying people can't make a lot of money, but it should be more difficult as that number grows.

The number of millionaires in the US has actually decreased in the past few years. And by a few do you mean

Harvard
Stanford
Princeton
Cal Berkley
Brown
Dartmouth
Columbia
Yale
Northwestern
Cornell
U.Penn
Duke
Swathmore
Notre Dame
Vassar
Williams

yeah, I guess its just a few.

raaalph

Ready to race!
2. Why should we tax those who make more? Haven't they earned it?

So once you reach a certain level of income, tax exemption should occur? :w00t:

The whole idea that we don't have enough educated people is a ridiculous statement, we are the most educated country in the world.

People who think statements like these are ridiculous fail to realize that a bachelor's degree (or higher) isn't the only type of post-secondary education. Most of the jobs lacking qualified applicants actually require associate's degrees,certification programs, or technical training. I graduated high school with guys who went the trade school route and are now making close to 6 figures doing things like instrumentation, drafting, process operation, etc.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
I went to Villanova and I've never seen such a group of out-of-touch, spoiled rich kids in my life. Luckily there are some there who understand what its like to not be given tons of money. Now to pay back those loans....

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
Of which most are out of reach of the average person. Once again, you don't measure the level of education of a country by the few at the top.

As for the millionaires, that statement says NOTHING about the wealth of the current millionaires or billionaires...I'm sure there are also less people making over 100K/yr now too.

johnnyveelish

Go Kart Champion
Dude if you aren't aware of the state of social and welfare programs then we shouldn't even be having a conversation on them. If you think they are run well then you are oblivious.

Answer me this, Why am I required to take a drug test for employment from the Federal Government but those receiving Federal Aid aren't required to pass a drug screening. Does that seem like a well run program to you?

social and welfare programs had been there for the longest time. why you blame obama for it is beyond me. yes it went up but it was needed. we had an economy crisis that started on bush's watch. jobs were lose, skilled workers scrapping for work, new graduates can't find work. again, don't blame obama, he did not start the crisis, it was there before he was sworn in. obamacare as the republicans calls it, is going to ease or correct healthcare, cutting government spending.

drug testing for federal employee is required, no questions asked, and it should be. drug testing a federal aid recipient is debatable (personally, i want it passed), that's up to congress to decide if they want to break down a bill focusing on that matter. however, there are states that had already implemented this, florida is one of the states, they had deemed as not worthy because it cost money to drug test and they only deterred a few from claiming aid. in the end it cost them more.

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion
The number of millionaires in the US has actually decreased in the past few years. And by a few do you mean

Harvard
Stanford
Princeton
Cal Berkley
Brown
Dartmouth
Columbia
Yale
Northwestern
Cornell
U.Penn
Duke
Swathmore
Notre Dame
Vassar
Williams

yeah, I guess its just a few.

You live in NOVA and didn't list UVA? I'm heartbroken.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
You live in NOVA and didn't list UVA? I'm heartbroken.

UVA pretends to be Ivy League but in reality it's just a bunch of croakey and khaki wearing frat bros getting way too drunk and making questionable decisions with their bros or beating girls to death.

johnnyveelish

Go Kart Champion

i'm going to give you an example that needs fixing. sourcing or specifically sponsoring workers form other countries to work here. first, instead of having those jobs given to US citizens, they are now occupied by foreigners. second, with their working visa (2 years), if they somehow lose that job and no other job in the horizon, they can file for unemployment, no matter how long or short they put time working. in essence, they paid tax, minimal? do not matter, they're entitled to a check.

outsourcing, if you don't know the story on that yet then that's on you. don't listen to what both sides says, read up on it and understand.

xytbyk

Go Kart Champion
UVA pretends to be Ivy League but in reality it's just a bunch of croakey and khaki wearing frat bros getting way too drunk and making questionable decisions with their bros or beating girls to death.

Oh yeah. I forgot.

But after they sober up, they learn about an issue before they start talking though.

2.0t_convert

Ready to race!
Because, what the fuck don't you get? It wasn't the successful earner that got us into this state of insurmountable debt so why should he pay out of pocket for it? That's a complete fallacy and the most un-American shit I've ever heard. Oh, some white guys in nice suits fucked everyone on Wall St., everyone who has money must be vile. You can't have it both ways, damning the rich as you say republicans 'damn' the poor. The republicans have a more valid point because the poor cost the country a lot more to take care of.

The poor didn't make bad bets on toxic mortgages or set up banks that basically factory stamped approval letters to anyone wanting a new home. Likewise the poor didn't use influence to get Congress to bail them out when the house of cards came down.

SAthirtythree

Ready to race!
The most patriotic thing on television.
The Newsroom on HBO. written by Aaron Sorkin (West Wing)

America is NOT the greatest country in the world anymore
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKklog0T9a4
"The first step in fixing a problem is admitting you have one."

The Tea Party explained
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGsLhyNJBh8&feature=related
"The Tea Party is not what it started out to be."
"They've been co-opted by the radical right, and enslaved the Republican middle."

Tea Party is the American Taliban
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz-Db4-v6Yg&feature=related
"This would be called a solution without a problem, but it's not. It's just a solution to a different problem."
"Another plank in the Tea Party platform: If you're poor it's because you're either too lazy or stupid to be rich."

Status
Not open for further replies.