Votes: 22 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
here just to make your head explode.

Enjoy post whore.

:rolleyes: Not really, I've grown up with guns all my life, shot those before, shot military shotguns, an Uzi, high powered rifles, etc, etc. I belong to a primarily right wing membership sportsmans club, which is interesting for myself of course, lol.... so yeah... anyway, I do believe in the 2nd amendment, but definitely think there needs to be some controls in place and better psychological standards for gun ownership as well.

you still never answered any questions, but I guess that just indicates what the real deal is.

Enjoy it while it lasts, Obama is gonna take it away...voter sticker and all.

not sure if serious. It didn't happen in 2008, it wont happen now. Agreed with the other poster, it will more and more become a state issue.

Next 4 years should be interesting. A President without a worry for another election is going to be interesting to watch.

yep.

McQueen77

Banned

niiice. my dad has an AR-15 as well. while I was born and raised in CA and my whole family has voted dem for as long as I can remember, I was raised with guns (rural area) and got my first .22 rifle (which I still have) when I was 10.. Grew up with a number of guns in the house.. .30-30 rifle, 12 gauge, s&w .357 magnum, mexican police issue .45, AR15, etc. etc. I've always voted democrat and have gotten into a lot of 'anti gun' arguments with other democrats.. they are always blown away when I am pro 2nd amendment which is just funny to me. guns don't kill people, people kill people. and in the case of 'accidental shootings in the home' etc.. morons kill people.

point being, the political back and forth, i'm right you're wrong, im on this team youre on that team has always been BS to me. as for me, i'm a somewhat liberal, growing more conservative in recent years democrat who owns guns and i voted for obama because i thought he was the best choice of the 2. mormons freak me out.. go figure

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
niiice. my dad has an AR-15 as well. while I was born and raised in CA and my whole family has voted dem for as long as I can remember, I was raised with guns (rural area) and got my first .22 rifle (which I still have) when I was 10.. Grew up with a number of guns in the house.. .30-30 rifle, 12 gauge, s&w .357 magnum, mexican police issue .45, AR15, etc. etc. I've always voted democrat and have gotten into a lot of 'anti gun' arguments with other democrats.. they are always blown away when I am pro 2nd amendment which is just funny to me. guns don't kill people, people kill people. and in the case of 'accidental shootings in the home' etc.. morons kill people.

point being, the political back and forth, i'm right you're wrong, im on this team youre on that team has always been BS to me. as for me, i'm a somewhat liberal, growing more conservative in recent years democrat who owns guns and i voted for obama because i thought he was the best choice of the 2. mormons freak me out.. go figure

You can be liberal and not be stupid. Unfortunately all too common you get liberals like post whore. Stupid and too ignorant to realize they are.

I'm glad to see your not one.

Dubvee

Go Kart Champion
Your paid to do what? post like a child on a forum?

Who I work for other than a general "school system" is absolutely none of your business. And has nothing to do with how my retirement is paid for. Or did you miss the "100% employee funded" bit as you slobbered on your keyboard?

So. Since I work for the govt and pay for a thrift savings plan, my shits employee funded too, right?

johnnyveelish

Go Kart Champion
You can be liberal and not be stupid. Unfortunately all too common you get liberals like post whore. Stupid and too ignorant to realize they are.

speaking of ignorant, think there are more on the right. overall, just look at this past election for instance. liberals are open minded, conservative close, i'm speaking in general terms here. yea i can't stand the celebration of the democrats, well at least those african american who voted for obama. but overall, IMO, there are far more stupid republicans. take trump for example, in this day and age and given his success as a businessman, he 's too stupid to come to grips when it comes to politics. i'm not party affiliated by the way, but i do cringe at what republicans say when it comes to politics, healthcare, jobs, the economy as a whole. my brother, my own blood, i'd been tempted to hit his head and maybe get some sense into him. he's on disability (legit) and he thinks the republicans are looking out for his best interests. like i said no party affiliation here, but each election year i tend to lean to the left because of garbage the right spills, too much misinformation, but that is not to say the left doesn't as well. would really love pelosi take a back seat or that reid take it down a notch. those two imo are divisive. one party is lacking logic many times, you can guess which one i am talking about. i'm glad that at least in the forums, none has brought up social issues as much as the economy. republicans are confusing, politicians and voters. ohio for example, if they have any sense the margin of votes there should have been much greater for democrats. they are either misinformed, uninformed or just plain stupid (in general terms). ohio, such poor and forgotten state by republicans, falls under the 47 percent that romney was saying.

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
Lord yes there is stupid on both sides. And honestly right now more on the republican side.

I think we can all finally agree on something :happyanim:

/thread

johnnyveelish

Go Kart Champion
and as for taxes, paying for someone else. god forbid i lose my job, use up my savings including my 401k. i'd work minimum if i have to, but this day and age minimum wage will not even be enough to get by, i would eventually need assistance (although i have never receive nor apply for what some people call handouts). the east coast, they have and still getting battered by mother nature. do we say fuck them! no federal help (handout) for you assholes?! yes there are irresponsible people out there taking advantage of the system, but you can't bunch them together with good people who just like many of us one time or another had jobs and are paying taxes, helping out the country by adding to federal revenue.

sorry for the drama, but we need to pull together. hopefully washington sets an example for us to follow.

Dubvee

Go Kart Champion
One of my favorite things to do is to watch boehner during state of the union addresses. He is the poster child for the congressional love fest we've been experiencing the past couple of years.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

Oh, I thought "ignorant" just meant sweeping generalizations, no logical reasoning, and not answering to specific questions posed to them? oh wait, that describes you... since by your avoidance of the issues and questions, you work for a private "co-op" school that pays it own salaries, and (GASP) has a retirement fund, and you own an AR-15 - OH MY'Z!

Anyhoo, back to actual facts and reality - Boner came out yesterday and was putting on his smilie face - maybe.. just maybe, they will figure something out, but again, only "revenues" on the table would be anything BUT higher taxes on those making over $250K a year, so they will need to figure something out. There is also a lot of finger pointing in the party for them and who knows if the younger group will be brave enough to force through new leadership and approach to social ideas so they can have some sort of chance in 2016 at the presidency, otherwise they will continue to be a congressional party, not a presidential one.

johnnyveelish

Go Kart Champion
One of my favorite things to do is to watch boehner during state of the union addresses. He is the poster child for the congressional love fest we've been experiencing the past couple of years.

hah! yup! he did however said that he's willing to compromise and find a middle ground with his post election media time. then again he said that before too. let see if he actually make good on his words. one thing, as already brought up, it'll be very interesting to see what happens with a second term obama. wonder if he puts his foot down and stop playing peacekeeper at times (my main gripe of him) like he did in his first two years.

TommyD

Ready to race!
This is just chock full of issues:

Navistar is a green company?
Wives are possessions?

Seems like a lot of people skipped the debate classes in HS and college. The election boiled down to one question and one follow up for America.

"What is more important, Social issues or economic issues" and "Of the one I picked, whose plan is better for myself or everyone"

What I found in this last election is that most people picked personally. Many supporting Romney wanted "Their" america back. I grew up a member of the GOP and supported them till 2002. Then I went libertarian. In 2004 I would have voted for Howard Dean until he screamed and got laughed out of the primaries.

The economy is on it's way to being fine. Those who say it isn't, have a stupid short minded wall st view and really are just saying it to benefit their guy. 5 years ago the deficit didn't matter... now it is a huge failure... go figure.

What matters to me is the social aspect. We are precariously teetering on a precipice of some scary social change. When conservative attitudes and religion as being evoked to push restrictive policy, you have to pay close attention. When laws about behavior become subjective, that is the start of a police state.

johnnyveelish

Go Kart Champion
Anyhoo, back to actual facts and reality - Boner came out yesterday and was putting on his smilie face - maybe.. just maybe, they will figure something out, but again, only "revenues" on the table would be anything BUT higher taxes on those making over $250K a year, so they will need to figure something out. There is also a lot of finger pointing in the party for them and who knows if the younger group will be brave enough to force through new leadership and approach to social ideas so they can have some sort of chance in 2016 at the presidency, otherwise they will continue to be a congressional party, not a presidential one.

that party is in shambles, like a dysfunctional family.

Status
Not open for further replies.