GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pretty sure I fried my Computer today

Avenger8692

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah I'm ready to know how much money I'm about to drop on this... the anxiety though....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Gonna bet the easiest and most likely thing is they will come back and say you need a new ECU. Should solve the problems and a lot less diagnosing for them to do.

Avenger8692

Passed Driver's Ed
Well I just got off the phone with him and he said he couldn't find any blown fuses. But said that he doesn't think the ecu is gone just missing files but he is going to pull it out today and look at it some more

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
It's also worth mentioning that you are not meant to put the earth jumper cable direct to the battery when trying to jump start the MK6! I wouldn't be surprised if you actually have an immobiliser issue!

Avenger8692

Passed Driver's Ed
I've told him everything I've told y'all so I'll let him figure it out. He's the expert not me lol

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Also possible your regular key has become uncoded, try your spare key!

Avenger8692

Passed Driver's Ed
Well alright here's the update. Over the past week he has replaced chips and resistors thinking he could save it but today he called me and it's not even worth trying to save anymore and that he found one in Florida which he ordered. Car will hopefully be up and going by Friday if not it will be Monday or Tuesday

jshay

Go Kart Champion
I picked up a 2ndary ECU off eBay for $150 and it’s been fine. My original one is sitting in my garage for when I’m ready to sell my car ha.