GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Price to install dg springs

Mk6freak

Passed Driver's Ed
I went to my local shop and was priced $350 to install my dg springs. He also suggested that after 400km of driving with the springs to do the alignement which is $70. My question to you guy's out there is this a fair price? And should I wait the 400km for the alignement? Or have it done once the springs are installed. Thanks

He also stated it would take approx 4 hours for the labour.

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
Too much by about $100 but I'm sure many shops will disagree. The second time I did my springs (with the help of maliciousmk6) it took a little over 2 hours on the floor of my garage. A shop with a lift should easily be able to do the same

I think the 400km suggestion is to give the springs time to settle before dialing in the alignment, so I'd take that advice for sure. $70 for a four wheel alignment is also cut rate

Edit just saw you're working with the Canadian dollar. IdkwtfI'mtalkingabout

Last edited:

Mk6freak

Passed Driver's Ed
Iv'e heard that the 4 hours seems long to install the springs. I guess the best bet is to call around and see what other shops are pricing out for this job. Cheers!

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
Drive to Michigan and get member snobrddan to do it for much cheaper! PM him, it may be worth the drive.

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
If I had the time I'd offer to do it for you for a lot less, but I have no time at the moment

alva_addict

Ready to race!
I just got my H&R springs today installed in just under 1.5 hours. Melo Automotive @ 3340 dundas st w. These guys are efficient and I didn't pay $350 lol and they did an interior/exterior clean. Wicked service

Mk6freak

Passed Driver's Ed
Booted27 thanks for the link.
I need a intercooler install as well so I will give them a call and see if this is down there Allie.