GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Problems After APR Stage 1 Tune

ElusiveGTI

Ready to race!
So I got my car tuned yesteday and it was fine. Drove home to issues enjoying the extra boost. The shop who tuned my car told me that my Forge Bypass valve was "junk", so I bought the OEM part and had it installed after I left the shop. Still no problems after install. Later that night I went to start my car and it was not turning over correctly and taking a long time to start. So I shut the car off and restarted it, in which it started. However, the car will not idle correctly and my check engine light is on. Seems like its missing around 1.2k RPMS and Bogging out around 800 RPMS. I tried to turn my car off and turn it back on, no help. So I tryed to switch into stock tune to try and fix it, still light was on. Then I went home. Dismorning I went to start my car to go to work and it would not start alltogether. When it finally decided to try and turn off some oil pressure or oil something poped up into the screen that shows MPH and what not. I quick shut the car off. Turned back on and started right up. Still idling horribly. Driving to work the car runs fine. Called my tuner shop but they cannot diagnose without having the codes. So after work I have to hook it up to get the codes, my buddy has a diagnoser.

Fingers crossed it isnt something bad... Considering I drove 1.5 hours yesterday to get tuned.

Anyone have the same issues? Suggestions? :iono:

Lou Maiuri

Banned
Change your coil packs and spark plugs and you will be misfire free. #1 problem on tuned boosted applications are misfires caused by coils and plugs. I just ordered them preemptively for my 135i as I know they are problem prone. Nothing is wrong with your car so don't stress out, just order Audi r8 coils from Dave @HStuning and get yourself some new spark plugs

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Most likely coils... What are the codes? We can't help you until you post em up.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
I'd be praying for coilpacks as they are a cheap fix and 95% of all misfire issues. I would put money on coilpacks and/or spark plugs. Get both and change all of them - 20 minute job even for a newbie.

Just a wrench and a spark plug socket and you are golden. Check the gaps on the plugs to ensure proper spark.

Lou Maiuri

Banned
:readthethread:

And stop driving it around while cylinders are misfiring.

Last edited:

MrMke

Go Kart Champion
Good idea to pick up some new r8 coilpacks....

Just curious.....where are you located....and what shop did the tune?

ElusiveGTI

Ready to race!
Located in Sunbury, Pa and AP Tuning did the tune. Car only runs weird at idle. Runs fine other than that. Only car I have no I have no choice but to drive it.