GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PWRHaus coil over review/install on 2011 2dr.

juslaxn

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok, I picked these up a few months ago and finally got around to installing them back in May. This is a quick review for those that are tempted to pull the trigger and snag these since they are actually on sale on BFI. This is a non-affiliated review, meaning I'm not getting a kick back from BFI, just a GTI owner review for my fellow GTIers ?
Ok, once I opened the box, the overall construction was good, since I live in Germany it was critical to get a rust treated kit, which these are. I was sad these did NOT have the "PWRHaus" logo on the rear strut, but not a show stopper. If you do pick these up, I would highly recommend you pick up a set of replacement strut tops, this will assist in 2 ways; install time ca be cut down greatly, and the OEM parts may or should be replaced and this is a good time to do so. However not required, just a piece of mind. Install was straight forward, the worst part was dropping the rear Control arms, adjusting and fine tuning. I installed them traditionally so the perches sit in the control arm channel. I allowed them to settle an re adjusted after a few hundred miles, and fine tuned. All around very easy to adjust if you have the time and tools.
I have had numerous kits, from Eibach, Tein, Tanabe, Prodrive, Tokico, from race to street. My goal for my GTI was stiffer ride over stock with adjustability without compromising ride quality. I have had these on for roughly 3 months, the front are spun down with about 1/4 inch of thread and rear at about 1/8 thread (still have to clear speed bumps). The kit has given me everything expected; when spirited driving, it handles well and responsive, not bouncy or overly stiff. I kept helper springs and all bump stops for quality and comfort.
Overall, I would recommend these for drivers that are purely looking for aesthetic value and improved stance and chassis stiffness. I cannot vouch for track use, I have not tracked my car and can only compare to different vehicles I have, which is not really a good comparison. I enjoy them, get loads of compliments on the overall appearance of my car, which is fairly stock looking other than this.

Hope this helps anyone looking at these or a cost friendly coilover kit for you GTI. if you have any detailed questions, feel free to ask, I installed these myself in roughly 3 hours with air tools and a lift.
I will try to post pix if I can figure it out lol...