GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R-LINE (not R20)

TDI110

O_o
Just wait, out of the blue they will say "limited numbers" are coming to South Africa, N/A etc to see the reaction. One can dream eh :p

wildcars

Ready to race!
I know, i'm just waiting for that to happen! And i'll be so pissed off!

TDI110

O_o
VAG's business practices sometimes makes me wonder if any logic is involved heh.

But on topic though. Talking about the R-Line body kit - it's not the best looking that's for sure, sort-of looks like the Bluemotion front end. Maybe more cost saving measures?

shahabdin

Ready to race!
Hehe, found my car buddy :D

Looks like we'll be having the same trims apart from the engine and 4motion and colour.

I opted to go for the blue graphite pearl colour w/out actually seeing it in real.... But some pics online have reassured me that it would be fine.

I've chosen the 18" Mallory but would've preferred to have had the Talladegas of the R20 :drool:

Chosen front bi-xenon and rear LED, DCC, the media in, RDS 510, but wanted the dyna audio but the showroom mgr insisted better go for the RDS510 costs less and is good sound itself - sold. Rear windows in 65% light absorbing tint, park assist front/rear and side - don't know what good side will do but we'll see, rear side airbags...

Now I look at the CSGs and wish I had gone for a GTI but then the 2.0L engine, running costs of fuel - road tax - higher price tag puts me off. Road tax alone a year could set me back as much as 250-300 EUR!!!

So, in Sep there should be 2 R-Lines listed on this forum ;)

Personally this wait business is torture and only raises more and more want to do this and do that when checking out other wheels on this forum....

tzd

Ready to race!
Kinda confused I had thought R-Line refers to VW's R performance cars - Golf R, Scirrocco R and CC R - there's even a VW commercial of these cars showcased in White with the R Line branding.

Anyway the 1.4 TSI engine is great it is basically the same engine as the GTI but just smaller capacity, and it gives more torque than my 2.5L while getting at least 8-10 mpgs more than my 2.5L. I would have gotten it if it was available in US.

shahabdin

Ready to race!
Kinda confused I had thought R-Line refers to VW's R performance cars - Golf R, Scirrocco R and CC R - there's even a VW commercial of these cars showcased in White with the R Line branding.

Anyway the 1.4 TSI engine is great it is basically the same engine as the GTI but just smaller capacity, and it gives more torque than my 2.5L while getting at least 8-10 mpgs more than my 2.5L. I would have gotten it if it was available in US.

:thumbsup:
Yup, here's how it goes.
The VW have a unit called VW Individual.
These guys are in charge of designing extra kits for cosmetic changes on the VW fleet of cars when you order, like spoilers, front spoiler, rims etc...
R-Line is a series from them like in other brands say BMWs M-Line.
So really they can offer the kits on standard models to make them look sporty. I guess a bit like Acura on Hondas, but not exactly that far.
Here's an interesting read about Individual:

http://www.worldcarfans.com/10612125490/volkswagen-individual-in-depth

The real Golf R is known as the R20, the Scirocco yes as u said it the Scirocco R (actually I was going for the same engine in the Scirocco with the R-Line body kit but changed my mind :cry: due to practicality reason of a 2dr and after market value. But loved her in the test drive, the car salesman with me during the test saw I was tryin to get the max out of her on a high speed turn of the roundabout on to a straight and coz he's a rally driver himself offered to take me on the same spin - damn it was fun :thumbup:

shahabdin

Ready to race!
Just to add on ur comment about the 1.4 TSI, yup it's close to the GTI but still a good 46hp off.... And the acceleration is slower 0-100km in 8.0s when the GTI does it in 6.7s.. or something like that

Anyways, like TDI110 said above u can chip the engine to add more bhp with ABT.

Yeah, I dunno really why they ain't introin the 1.4 TSI in the states :confused:
May be coz they did a survey and it revealed that americans like stating they have a 3l or 4l or 6l etc.... and most guys would be put off coz saying hey guys I have a 1.4l ! and u'd prob get the weirdo eyes look :iono:

VdubBully

Passed Driver's Ed
Hehe, found my car buddy :D

Looks like we'll be having the same trims apart from the engine and 4motion and colour.

I opted to go for the blue graphite pearl colour w/out actually seeing it in real.... But some pics online have reassured me that it would be fine.

I've chosen the 18" Mallory but would've preferred to have had the Talladegas of the R20 :drool:

Chosen front bi-xenon and rear LED, DCC, the media in, RDS 510, but wanted the dyna audio but the showroom mgr insisted better go for the RDS510 costs less and is good sound itself - sold. Rear windows in 65% light absorbing tint, park assist front/rear and side - don't know what good side will do but we'll see, rear side airbags...

Now I look at the CSGs and wish I had gone for a GTI but then the 2.0L engine, running costs of fuel - road tax - higher price tag puts me off. Road tax alone a year could set me back as much as 250-300 EUR!!!

So, in Sep there should be 2 R-Lines listed on this forum ;)

Personally this wait business is torture and only raises more and more want to do this and do that when checking out other wheels on this forum....

Yay, car buddies, ha ha :w00t:

Cool to see who gets their R-Line first :fighting0030:

I´m actually planning a trip to Germany by car in sept. / oct. so I´m considering picking it up myself in Wolfsburg (?) and drive home.. Not sure yet.. Would be a real nice experience though!

shahabdin

Ready to race!
:thumbsup:Yeah, that's an excellent idea. I would've loved to have done that too but due to the distance and stuff I reconsidered the thought, they say u get a tour around the factory and a museum of engines where u get to see how it works and stuff.

Go for it! If it it's easy for you :)

VdubBully

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah, I´m gonna have to do some serious thinking about that, would absolutely be a trip "for the books" :wub:

Did you order leather seats by the way..? I can´t find any good pics of the R-Line interior in black leather.. Hope I still get the "R" emblems on the headrest..?

I think the original seats looks good too, just that I wanted leather this time..

shahabdin

Ready to race!
Nah, I didn't go for the leather it's too hot out here and u just get sweaty. Good question, not sure if the leather seats would carry the R emblem on it.

I just consulted the Scirocco R brochure that I have and the leather trim is available as "Vienna" but can't confirm that there will be the R emblem on the front headrests. I am guessing there would be, hopefully :iono:

Whatever the end result u've still got leather seats - that itself is a premium over the standard seats ;)

path

Ready to race!
Thnx 4 the reply tehHooligan, ur correct on that, I suppose that US guys are ruled out anyways since u all tend to opt for big gas guzzlers. But feel free as well to discuss in case you have comments and views. Ok so I see some guys have 2.5l trendlines, is there no opt in the US for the VW Individual body kits to match the R-Line?

we don't get much of a choice in the US.

2.0 Turbo GTI
2.5 Golf
2.0 TDI available in 1 trim level Golf, and 1 trim level Jetta.