GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Radar Detector Predicament

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
So I currently own a V1 which I got for a great price. I've been looking at the concealed V1 display so I can hardwire it and put the detector up high by the mirror. But the problem is my detector doesn't have ESP, which is required to run the concealed display. The upgrade is $99 plus shipping.

Lately, I've been getting annoyed with the V1's falses. I didn't think it would get to me at first but it has. NC still runs X and K band in some local towns and surrounding areas so I can't just turn them off. Gas stations, walgreens, grocery stores, lowes, they all set off the alarm.

I'm thinking about selling the V1 and getting either a 9500xi or the Beltronics STI Magnum. Should I do it? Or upgrade the V1 so I can more easily mute it in a shopping center or so.

Daemon

I have the 9500xi installed on a Blendmount. They still run about $500, so keep that in mind while making your decision. As for the detector, I'm loving it. I read up on both before the 9500xi edged the V1 out. Yes, there are still false hits, but it tends to learn where they are and stores them so as to not do them again.

Seems the only time I need to hit the mute button is when the police are riding with their radar on while driving in the same direction as I. I know if I were a cop, I'd totally do that.

So, financially, if the $99 add-on to your V1 will fix your problem, then there you go. Stick with the devil you know. My $.02.

702GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
You can also purchase the savvy and set it to 35mph so when you are below 35mph it is muted. I have the v1 and love it, still one of the only detectors that tell you where the signal is coming from, front, rear etc. Upgrade yours and save some money.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
So I currently own a V1 which I got for a great price. I've been looking at the concealed V1 display so I can hardwire it and put the detector up high by the mirror. But the problem is my detector doesn't have ESP, which is required to run the concealed display. The upgrade is $99 plus shipping.

Lately, I've been getting annoyed with the V1's falses. I didn't think it would get to me at first but it has. NC still runs X and K band in some local towns and surrounding areas so I can't just turn them off. Gas stations, walgreens, grocery stores, lowes, they all set off the alarm.

I'm thinking about selling the V1 and getting either a 9500xi or the Beltronics STI Magnum. Should I do it? Or upgrade the V1 so I can more easily mute it in a shopping center or so.

The Valentine ad in the latest Car and Driver tries to bash the C/D evaluation which found the 9500ix and its GPS false eliminator to be superior to the V1.

Valentine postulates that cops are going to park close enough to your blocked falses that you're going to get popped. At least where I live, there aren't enough cops with radar on to worry about this....and I love my 9500ix and it's learning ability to block repeat signals.

California HiPo and all local law enforcement use Ka though....so when you see that it's Ka it's time to hit the brakes.

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
You can also purchase the savvy and set it to 35mph so when you are below 35mph it is muted. I have the v1 and love it, still one of the only detectors that tell you where the signal is coming from, front, rear etc. Upgrade yours and save some money.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Well $100 for the upgrade, $70 for savvy, and $50 for the concealed display and that's $220 invested. I can sell my V1 for about $250 and that's $470...well enough for an STI Magnum and just under for a new 9500xi.

Maybe I will do that 30 day trial with the 9500xi and see how I like it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk