GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RCD-510

McSwine

Ready to race!
I'm looking to replace the RCD-310 in my 2012 GTI with the RCD-510. I've done a search, but can't seem to find out what I need to know...

Does the outermost trim that surrounds the 510 come in different colors? The trim on my 310 is black, but the 510's I'm looking at on eBay seem to be gray. Does it matter?

Also, the 510 offers no upgrade in sound quality, just the touchscreen interface...is that right?

Thanks.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
The surround should be black on all of them. However, it can look gray in some photos. I assume the speakers are the same but that is just an assumption.

ImmI

Ready to race!
Not really...seems like I listen to CD less and less anymore.

CD? What is this CD that you speak of?

Yup all black surrounds, a few members have switched to the RCD510 from the 310 without any problems. However if you don't care about the OEM look get something else. The RCD510 could be better.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
CD? What is this CD that you speak of?
Truth.

I have never once used my GTI's CD player. What a waste of space and capability. I wonder how long it will be before automakers stop putting them in cars....

Sorry for going OT.

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
Truth.

I have never once used my GTI's CD player. What a waste of space and capability. I wonder how long it will be before automakers stop putting them in cars....

Sorry for going OT.

My 2008 TL, whose nav/audio were imo light years ahead of VW's had a cassette deck...lol.

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion

ImmI

Ready to race!
Truth.

Sorry for going OT.

My dads 2009 ES350 has a cassette deck :eek:

Does the RNS 315 have a 6 disc changer too?

No single

McSwine

Ready to race!
Well, I just snagged a RCD 510 off eBay, and I got to thinking: Is my Bluetooth going to work the same as it does with the 310? I sure as hell hope so, because I'm trying to pull this off without the wife knowing about it, and she knows it has Bluetooth.